Question about Office Equipment & Supplies
Resume light is flashing
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: hp deskjet 6980 blinking lights
ok so for this situation you have to do a cold reset, and by this you have to go ahead while the printer is still power on, disconnect the power cord in back of the printer, and wait for about two minutes. power on the printer if printer still has the blinking lights then go to step 2.
step 2-after this check the printer if light are still blinking, then your going to remove all printheads, remove paper, and then unplug printer power cord from printer and also from the wall outlet, wait for 20 seconds, then power on the printer, wait for light to flash then install the printheads, put paper, and press the resume button.
*** always connect your printer to a wall outlet never to a power strip, the power strip robs some of the power from the printer***
and this should fix the problem if it doesnt then the carriage might me malfunctioning . hp recently did a recall on some printer with the 6940 and some of the 6980, that the carriage broken.
Hope this help!
Posted on Mar 06, 2008
please reset your printer. turn off your printer, leave it for 30 sec and turn it on again....
If you still have problem try to re install the catridges again, follow below instruction
Posted on Nov 01, 2008
I went through the HP troubleshooting and it started printing OK when I Stopped and Started the Print Spooling under Administration Services:
-Scroll Down & Right Click on Print Spooler, Choose STOP, then OK (if needed)
-Right Click again, choose START, then OK (If needed)
After a few moments, it started right up for me and the Test Page I had in the que.
Hope this helps someone.
Posted on Mar 24, 2009
1. Check to insure the cover is shut down completely.
2. If the "Ink Drop" Icon is blinking you are either out of ink, or there is a problem with the cartridge carrier. So open the cover - the carriage should move to the middle, if not it is bound up somewhere. Check the guides and around the carriage area for gummy labels etc..
3. If the carriage moves to the middle, release the ink cartridges and replace.
4. If the "Arrow" Icon is blinking, this could be a result of a paper feed error. Remove the paper from the tray, open the cover and insure no jams are in the rollers. Shuffle the paper lightly and place back in tray. Check to make sure the tray is pushed completely forward and then press the "Arrow" Icon button until a sheet is fed into the printer.
* * Note: When you are replacing the Ink cartridges and before you remove the tape from the bottom heads, give them a shake to lossen up the ink before installing.
This link will take route you to HP's support and more troubleshooting techniques for your printer.
Hope this helps..
Posted on Jun 18, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 27, 2014 | HP DeskJet 1280 InkJet Printer
Jun 17, 2011 | HP Office Equipment & Supplies
Mar 09, 2011 | HP Deskjet F4180 All-in-One InkJet Printer
Mar 01, 2010 | HP Deskjet D4260 Printer
Dec 16, 2009 | HP Deskjet D2360 InkJet Printer
Aug 04, 2009 | HP Deskjet F2210 InkJet Printer
Jun 09, 2009 | HP DeskJet 5550 InkJet Printer
Jan 23, 2009 | HP Deskjet F2180 All-In-One InkJet Printer
73 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!