How to change powerstering pump chevy uplander
I just finished replacing mine.
It is much easier if you do these steps:
1. Remove the serpentine belt.
2. Remove the nuts holding the main fuse box over the battery.
3. Remove the reinforcing bar over the battery.
4. Remove the battery.
5. Remove the windsheild washer tank.
6. Now you have access to remove the pump pulley. Without removing the stuff, it may be possible, but it will be extremely difficult.
7. Remove the pump pulley.
8. Loosen the high pressure hose fitting.
9. Remove the return line clamp.
10. Remove the power steering pump mounting bolts.
11. Remove the high pressure hose fitting.
12. Remove the power steering pump while sliding off the low pressure hose.
13. Remove the clips holding the reservoir on the pump.
14. Remove the reservoir.
15. Install new o-ring on the reservoir.
16. Install reservoir on new pump.
17. Install clips to hold reservoir on pump.
18. Install new o-ring on high pressure fitting.
19. Place new pump in position while sliding on low pressure hose.
20. Loosely attache high pressure fitting.
21. Tighten pump to mounts.
22. Tighten high pressure fitting.
23. Install clamp on low pressure hose.
24. Install power steering pulley.
25. Install washer reservoir.
26. Install battery.
27. Install reinforcing cross member.
28. Install fuse panel.
29. Install serpentine belt.
30. Bleed the power steering system.
Dec 13, 2012 |
2008 Chevrolet Uplander