Question about Belkin Computers & Internet
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
there are several reasons why this happens. dont use belkins utility use windows utility it will ask you if you right click the icon in the tray.
Posted on Jan 08, 2008
SOURCE: netgear dg384g v4
First check that you do not have capitals lock in.Then try again the following whilst you put http://192.168.0.1. on your browser.
Default: 'username: admin password: password".
'username: admin password: 1234".
'username: admin password: 'blank empty space here'".
If all the above does not work then your router had been used, and password changed, or is fault. in this case bring it back and ask replacement.
There is also a reset button at the back of router. It is a tiny hole where you stick a pencil on router startup to get reset. But if the router is new and does not get default user/password I suggest changing it, It is possibly a return, and you do not know if you get more troubles after reset.
Posted on Mar 29, 2008
This is not a difficult task, but if it is done incorrectly, your router will need to be reset. So, let's go ahead and get a long, thin pin, or sewing needle,or something that will reach into the recessed reset button hole, because we may need it a few times.
I too have a belkin wireless router, so I know a little about them. However, I dont know your exact model or firmware/software programming, so a true "step by step" is not possible from me. Contact Belkin for operator assistance. Here are some General things you will need to do.
1. Reset the router. Go ahead and do that now. that way, we have a clean slate. Press the reset button and allow the router to restart.
2. Make sure the Modem is connected to the INTERNET port on the router. You should see 5 ports on the router, 1 2 3 4 are ONLY FOR COMPUTERS. if it has a number do not put anything on it unless its a computer, or xbox or playstation game console. The MODEM, the DSL, or w/e will NEVER go to ports 1 2 3 or 4. Now, make sure that your MAIN computer is HARD WIRED to PORT 1 on the router. You DO NOT EVER make wireless router adjustments over a wireless connection. You must hard wire to the router.
3. LOG IN to the router. The router has a built in website that allows you to operate it. on a belkin router, that website is located at the Default Gateway address. (ok, you probably dont know what that means, but thats ok, we can still do this). MOST belkins have a default gateway address of 192.168.2.1. So, you will open your internet explorer and go to the ADDRESS BAR. There, you will type http://192.168.2.1 and press GO. You SHOULD see a page that says Belkin.
4. BY DEFAULT there is no username or password. so if you are asked to login, leave them blank and hit submit.
5. this is where it can get hairy, but, its nothing the reset button cannot fix. You will be looking for a few things First thing to do is click login, of course, so you can log in. remember, its default, so its blank.
6. Now that youre logged in, look for WIRELESS and click there. If you are using wireless machines, make sure wireless is ENABLED. It should be, by default, but, lets take a look and make sure, just to be safe.
7. Next, were gonna set the SSID to your last name, (or your dogs name or your nickname or favorite place). The SSID is default to Belkin, but if 10 ppl around you ALL have belkin routers, you'd have no way of knowing which one is yours, So, the SSID boradcasts a unique name to identify YOUR network. Changing the word Belkin to "Scoobydoo" would mean that you would be the Scoobydoo network, and anytime anyone is in range of your router, they would see "scoobydoo" as a site. You also want to ENABLE Essid broadcast, and unless you have an older wireless B card, set to Wireless G only. (g is more secure). Everything else, leave at the current setting.
8. Now we are going to SECURE your wireless so that when people see "scoobydoo" they wont be able to JOIN it, unless they have your KEY. Click Security. We are going to create a key. With Wireless G you can use a 26 character key, which is a set of HEXIDECIMAL characters. HEX is 0-9 and A-F. No letter higher than F will occur in Hex. So, click WEP (wpa is usually more secure, but I prefer WEP). Choose WEP and Choose 128 bit encryption. Next, use a passphrase, (this will generate a key for you). Say you put "shaggy" as the passphrase. Based on that word, a 26 character key would be generated. Now, This is important, WRITE THAT KEY DOWN EXACTLY AS ITS SHOWN. Without that key, no one can access your router on wireless. Also, dont forget to press "Apply Changes". Once you apply those changes, all your wireless connections will be lost. You will now have to go to each wireless computer, and apply the key to each one so they can access the router.
Posted on Jul 21, 2009
1) With direct connect with modem, check the IP address and default gateway.
(I came across such a modem, it gave default gateway as 192.168.1.254)
I also had the doubt of configuring as a dynamic connection
But it won't work!
Contact your ISP to completely bridge the modem and configure the dsl modem as PPPoE connection with correct username and password.
Finally connect the modem to router and do a complete network power cycle, i.e.: Unplug power from router 1st, then power from modem, unplug the telephone line and now do the exact reverse process... Plug back the tel. cable, then power to modem... now WAIT for lights on modem to come back, then plug in the power to router. This will surely work.
Posted on Jan 15, 2010
i have a belkin N wireless router model:F5D8236-4 v1 i have had it installed on my computer but it has since been wiped so there is no trace of me having it installed, since this i have moved home and ost the disk that came with it but i need to put the router back on due to my daughter having a laptop, how would i get the software for it if i have no disk?? please help!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted on Apr 06, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 23, 2015 | Belkin Components Belkin F9K1002 N300...
Feb 11, 2015 | Belkin Computers & Internet
Dec 27, 2012 | Belkin Computers & Internet
Nov 08, 2010 | Belkin Computers & Internet
Jun 27, 2010 | Belkin (F5D7231-4) Wireless Router
Apr 16, 2010 | Belkin (F5D7230-4) Router (587009)
Sep 06, 2009 | Belkin N1 Wireless USB 2.0 Network Adapter...
Mar 22, 2009 | Belkin (F5D7000) 802.11g/b Wireless...
Jun 26, 2008 | Belkin (F5D7050) 802.11a/g/b Wireless...
Mar 29, 2008 | Computers & Internet
26 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: