Question about Audio Players & Recorders
How can i improve radio reception? the car has no tint
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: bad radio reception
Problem: Radio Reception is bad to non-existant. AM is usually worse than FM.
Reason: Antenna connector has come loose, and needs to be reconnected. This happens when a passenger pushes the carpet toward the firewall and disconnects the plug.
Affected Model Years: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003
1. First check to make sure the antenna at the back of the radio has not come loose.
2. Remove the plastic cover on the front passenger door threshold held in place by three pressure clips.
3. Peel back the carpet on the front seat passenger floor.
4. Locate the coax antenna cable running along the side.
5. Reconnect the two pieces of antenna that have come loose.
6. Roll the carpet back, and re-install the threshold cover.
Posted on Jun 30, 2009
SOURCE: Specs for BA XR8 Ute head
If you are talking about the cam brg caps, they are 10nm. I would be very careful when doing this, as the bolts must be torqued down in order. The sequence is too complicated to go into here. I would strenuously suggest you pay the $50 and buy a shop manual.
Posted on Aug 22, 2009
SOURCE: improve reception
Well Yes you can improve the reception, please follow the below steps -
Improve FM Radio Reception -
1. If you don't have an antenna connected to your FM receiver, purchase a simple dipole antenna--a simple T-shape flexible wire-- and connect it to the FM antenna inputs on the receiver. Because FM signals are directional, you'll want to experiment with the positioning of the wire to find the best reception of the station you're trying to receive.
2. If you're still not getting a good signal, try an indoor amplified antenna, which you'll find at an electronics store. Don't buy one unless you get a guarantee that you can return it for full credit if it doesn't solve your reception problems.
3. If your signal is weak because you live a long way from the transmitter, install an outside antenna and mount it as high as is practical. If you're primarily interested in getting signals from one station or from a group of stations in one direction, get a directional antenna and point it toward the transmitters.
4. If you're using a portable FM radio where the only antenna is the power cord, stretch the cord as straight as possible and experiment with positioning again.
5. Temporarily switch to monaural mode to improve a weak signal on an FM receiver.
Improve AM Reception -
1. Gradually rotate the radio 360 degrees. Leave it in the position where it sounds best.
2. Reverse the AC plug if it isn't polarized. (If you can flip the plug over, then it's non-polarized.)
3. Plug the radio into a different AC outlet.
4. Move the radio closer to a window.
5. Experiment to learn if appliances and powered products in your home are causing interference: computer monitor, television, electric blanket, light dimmer, fluorescent light, hair dryer, air conditioner, smoke detector. If possible, turn off the offending item. Otherwise, move the radio to another room.
6. Upgrade to an external antenna if your receiver, tuner or radio has a place to connect one.
7. Buy a passive AM antenna that doesn't need to be connected to a radio or receiver.
Posted on Dec 29, 2009
if you are looking for a manual for this car, try this link... http://cgi.ebay.ph/Ford-Falcon-Ute-BA-series-Repair-Manual-2002-2005-on-CD_W0QQitemZ170423275380QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Clothing_Merchandise_Media?hash=item27ae04cf74 For twenty bucks you can do it all yourself
Posted on Feb 05, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 01, 2017 | Cars & Trucks
May 03, 2016 | Ford Cars & Trucks
Mar 11, 2016 | Cars & Trucks
Dec 21, 2014 | Ford Cars & Trucks
Oct 12, 2014 | Cars & Trucks
Mar 01, 2012 | 2005 Ford Falcon 4.0
Feb 05, 2010 | 1999 Ford Taurus
Jan 10, 2010 | 2003 Ford Focus
May 15, 2008 | 2007 Mercedes-Benz C230 Sedan
78 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!