Question about HP PhotoSmart 1215 InkJet Printer
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Been on an online chat with HP in INDIA for over an hour. Given that you would "think" the error might have to do with the inside or "ink" you would think they would have me open the machine. If there is enough room you've got to read this online chat. WORTHLESS and I will never buy another HP printer ever again. This All-in-one was 372 days old and for them to not even consider going inside but to immediately tell me to buy another one. I hope you can see all of this. If not email me at SusanVette [at] ya hoo dot com and I will share it with you. Doesn't all fit so here is their bottom line:
Sequoia: I wish to inform you that HP is providing an option to exchange this defective unit with a new released All-in-One unit.
Susan : How much?
Sequoia: Let me also explain the complete process in detail so you can pick the model that suits your requirement.
Sequoia: You can upgrade the defective printer for a upgraded printer. Under the upgrade option, you have the option of buying a upgraded printer at much lower prices.
Sequoia: It means, we will send you with the another printer with a minimal cost (which is equivalent to the service charges for repairing your defective printer) then we will take your defective printer.
Sequoia: Moreover, the shippment charges will be borne by us.
Sequoia: Would you be interested in looking at these options?
Susan : yes how much
Sequoia: We have HP Photosmart C7280 All-in-One Printer, Fax, Scanner, Copier.
Sequoia: You can use the same cartridges with this model.
Sequoia: The features of this model are:
• Built-in wireless and Ethernet connectivity
• Easy two-sided printing
Sequoia: The Actual price of this All-in-One is $299.99 *
Sequoia: However, under upgrade option HP is offering for $157.99
Susan : how do I proceed when i am ready as I want to read all the reviews on that particular model
Sequoia: I am afraid this offer is not applicable in hpshopping.com or from stores, as this offer is only applicable online from us.
Sequoia: If you would like to go ahead I shall arrange a call back for you so that you can order the printer directly from our call back team.
YADA YADA YADA... Write me at above email for full chat.
Posted on Sep 03, 2008
I had the same problem and this is how I fixed it... It is hard to get the cover off (and it's not the top cover, but the one on the right side as facing), but once you do follow the directions below.
- Turn off power and unplug from power source.
- Open right side of printer (looking at the front).
- Disconnect by pulling gently, both white flat ribbon cables off the main circuit board.
- Plug in power source and turn printer on. Wait till you get a error message and push "Ok".
- Unplug power source.
- Reconnect the flat ribbon cables by aligning and carefully pushing into the conectors on the main circuit board.
- Plug in power source and turn printer on (Printer preparing occurred).
Posted on Jul 11, 2009
SOURCE: Ink System Failure HP C5180
Hidden tech menu For resetting and repair, FIX UIAUX
Fixes error 0xc18a0507 error ink system fail
press <left arrow> then press <setup> button together
then press <ok>once support R0631m comes on screen
right arrow 2 times to the System configuration menu
then <ok> to select and ok to confirm reset error.
then <cancel> to escape ( all of witch are onscreen instructions.)
presto restart and no further error
------------- solution 2 ----------------------------------
HP C5180 All-In-One Printer HARD RESET:
Hold down HELP + OK button and unplug printer
Hold down HELP + OK button again as you plug the printer back in.
Then power it on, if it doesn’t power on automatically.
Be Safe: keep holding the buttons until the printer turns itself off. (It took mine less than a minute.)
Now you can release the buttons and simply power it back on.
I got an error message about “improper shut down” since I unplugged it w/out powering down. After I clicked “OK” the printer was just fine and didn’t mind anymore. And now I can print.
Posted on Sep 21, 2009
just follow this steps may help you out otherwise you need to change it.
Check to see if the installed cartridge is the correct one for the printer. . If the cartridge is the proper part number, remove the ink cartridge and make sure all the packaging tape has been removed from the copper circuitry strip on the backside of the cartridge. Reinsert the cartridge and try printing again.
If the error continues, remove the cartridge again and clean the copper circuitry strip on the backside of the cartridge, and the contacts inside the printer, by following the instructions below:
1. Use a clean, dry, soft, lint-free cloth. Locate the copper-colored circuitry strip on the back of the cartridge.
2. Wipe the copper-colored strip with the dry cloth. Use an upward motion, from the nozzle end to the top of the cartridge. Do not wipe the nozzle end of the cartridge or touch the nozzle plate. Wipe the contacts only once.
3. To clean the printer contacts, carefully look for fibers or contamination on the electrical contacts inside the carriage assembly, but do not wipe the printer contacts with any object. The contacts in the printer can be damaged if too much pressure is applied during a wiping process. Try to remove any visible attached debris within the carriage assembly by gently pulling the debris off with your fingers. If the carriage contacts show noticeable damage, contact the HP Customer Care Center listed in the printer's User's Guide.
Reinsert the cartridge and try printing again. If the error continues,then you can go for repair or buy a new one .but i advise you to dont go for repairing bcoz it is 3 year old .
Have a nice day and do not forget to rate please...!
Posted on Feb 02, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 03, 2011 | HP Office Equipment & Supplies
Aug 27, 2010 | HP Photosmart C5180 All-In-One InkJet...
Apr 05, 2010 | HP Photosmart D7160 InkJet Printer
Jan 30, 2010 | HP Photosmart C5180 All-In-One InkJet...
Jan 24, 2010 | HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet...
Jan 04, 2010 | HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet...
Sep 09, 2009 | HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet...
Jun 17, 2008 | HP - HP Photosmart 8250 printer
20 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!