Question about Samsung Televison & Video
Posted by Anonymous on
None of this "advice" actually works. IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO PRESS "REPEAT-5-7-5-3-8" in the space of 1 and a half seconds before "no disk" disappears.
All this advice is complete useless. You are more likely going to throw your remote at the wall then set your DVD to no region.
Posted on Nov 29, 2013
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: I want to make my
heres how its supposedly done.
1. Ensure that there is no disk in the tray.
2. Switch the player off and then back on. This is necessary to clean-boot the firmware.
3. Wait until the main menu page appears and the player stops doing anything.
4. Press the eject button to open the tray. (The button is between the "Power" and "TV Power" buttons at the top of the controller.)
5. Press the eject button to close the tray.
6. Wait while the player searches for a disk.
7. As soon as the "No Disk" message appears at the top left corner do the following.
8. Press the REPEAT button - just above the TV channel selector at the bottom right of the controller.
9. Enter 5 7 5 3 8 on the number pad.
10. The region code "2" should appear at the top left corner of the screen.
11. Enter a "9" to make the player region free. (Enter a region code if you want to lock the player to another region for some obscure or perverse reason.)
12. Power down and power up again.
13. Play a foreign DVD to verify the change.
Now the tricky bits. This process is timing dependent.
Firstly, you must start entering the code just after the "No Disk" message is shown and before the message disappears. If you jump the gun or miss the boat it won't work.
Secondly, the REPEAT key is part of the code. All six keys must be entered smoothly as "REPEAT 5 7 5 3 8 ". The entry gets timed out so you can't stop in the middle and restart. Don't bash away like crazy, just do it smoothly and briskly.
If you don't see the "2" the first time, don't worry. Just repeat the process. It took me about a dozen tries before I got it to work.
region codes are as follows
1 - 2 9 3 3 4
2 - 5 7 5 3 8 --- since your player is locked to 2 you use this code.
3 - 5 6 7 3 2
4 - 7 6 8 8 4
5 - 5 3 8 1 4
6 - 2 4 4 6 2
Posted on Oct 25, 2010
SOURCE: changing to multi region dvd
There are a couple sites I found that offer the codes for that player and the BD-P1000. I am not sure if I am allowed to post the links for those sites but the link to the site zimcloud posted is one of the places I saw it listed. You can google the model and region code and a list of sites come up.
Posted on Jan 03, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 24, 2017 | Samsung Bd-f5100 Blu-ray Disc Player 1080p
Oct 01, 2014 | Samsung BD-F5100 - Blu-ray disc player
Jun 25, 2014 | Samsung Televison & Video
Mar 16, 2014 | Samsung Bd-f5100 Blu-ray Disc Player 1080p
Dec 24, 2013 | Samsung Bd-f5100 Blu-ray Disc Player 1080p
Jun 04, 2012 | Samsung BD-E5900 - 3D Blu-ray disc player...
3,013 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!