A lot of people have had the dreadful blinking of the screens. Whether it's only 1 screen blinking (upper or lower) , or both screens blinking..
I have a tip to help you diagnose the problem so you don't have to waste time trying to find out what's wrong with it, or waste money.1.) IF YOUR UPPER LCD BLINKS
- There is something wrong with your lower LCD and/or the connector on the board where the lower lcd connects to.
2.) IF YOUR LOWER LCD BLINKS
- Open up your Nintendo DS lite system and clean the board with rubbing alcohol. Be sure to dry the board from excess liquid before re-assembling it. Use a FIRM brush. An regular toothbrush would not work as the bristles are not firm enough.
3.) IF BOTH SCREENS BLINK
- There is something wrong with your upper LCD and/or the connector on the board where the upper lcd connects to.
- Follow the Potential Solution to #1
- 99.9% of the time, if both screens blink, your light is red. Which indicates your battery is low. Change the battery. If your system isn't charing your batteries correctly and/or you're losing battery power unusually quick, replace the charger.
- If that does not work, send your system in for repair, as the charging port needs to be cleaned.