Question about Brother MFC J625DW - Multifunction fax / copier / - MFC-J625DW
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Usually this is caused by a foreign object or debris under the printhead path, or under where the printhead "parks."
Unplug the machine. Open the cover. Check the printhead path for little bits of paper, push pins, paperclips, staples etc. Note the location of the printhead.
If the printhead is at the far left, gently slide it towards the center (do not force it). Look carefully under where the printhead was stopped for debris. Use a flashlight if necessary.
Close the cover. Plug in the unit. Try again.
Posted on Jan 21, 2010
All the best
Posted on Jan 30, 2010
· Machine off
· Switch on the machine while holding down the “menu”button until all the leds are flashing on/off. Now you are in “maintenance” mode.
· Press 80
· Press the “mono start” button several times until you see “purge: xxxx”
· Press “2783” in order to reset the purge counter. You will see: “purge:0000”
· Press the "stop" button.
· Press “99” to exit the maintenance mode.
Please come back and just gave a vote, it will gave me some satisfaction to know am helping some one so I will keep on helping.
All The Best: Pineworks
Posted on Mar 02, 2010
I had the same problem with a Brother MFC3420C after replacing the print head with a new one the same error 41 occured 4 weeks later.
I finally fixed the problem (see photo's) and sent the parts back to Brother :-)
Don't buy Brother Inkjet technology its all ****!.
Their laser technology seems to be much more robust and reliable, have had a Brother HL-1440 since 2004 and its still running well.
Posted on Mar 17, 2010
There are several issues that can cause an Unable to Print message. Try the following in succession until the printer works.
1) Get a lint free cloth and clean the encoder strip. Lift the scanner unit until it locks open and slide the print head to the right if it isn't there. The encoder strip is in front of the white vinyl band. There is a warning to not touch the encoder strip - this applies to touching it with your hands. Grab the encoder strip (both sides) with the cloth. Wipe vigorously from one end to the other and return at least three times (left to right then right to left each time).
2) Check for any foreign objects (paper or anything else) in the print head path. Use a flashlight to check the corners of the unit. Check under the print head (including that right hand side where it rests during the cleaning of the encoder strip). Move it to the left to check if you moved it to the right.
3) Open the back Jam Clear Cover and check for any jammed paper. Remove anything you find that doesn't belong. Close the Jam Clear Cover.
4) Now close the scanner unit. (If you do this before opening and closing the Jam Clear Cover, the error will not reset at all.) If the error is not cleared, clean the encoder strip again.
5) If the error continues to persist, cycle the power by unplugging the printer for at least two seconds. Then plug it back in.
6) When the error message is gone, run a test by printing the Help List. Press Menu and select Print Reports > Help List and then press Black Start.
7) If the report prints, you have fixed the printer. If it doesn't print and you have cycled the power, the unit needs service. If it is under warranty contact Brother. Before having the unit serviced transfer any faxes in memory to another fax machine if you can. To do this you need to have set a Station ID for this printer (before the error message). If you do have this set, press Menu and go to Service > Data Transfer > Fax Transfer. If you are prompted to enter a fax number, you have faxes in memory. Enter the fax number of the unit that can store the faxes and press Black Start. (If No Data appears, there are no stored faxes. Press Black Start to exit the menu.)
I hope this helps.
Posted on Oct 11, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 28, 2016 | Brother Office Equipment & Supplies
Mar 03, 2015 | Brother Mfc-J825dw Multifunction Printer
May 02, 2014 | Brother MFC-J430W Inkjet All-in-One...
Feb 22, 2013 | Brother MFC-J825DW Wireless All-in-One...
Aug 27, 2012 | Brother MFC-J825DW Wireless All-in-One...
Dec 27, 2009 | Brother Office Equipment & Supplies
545 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: