Question about Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get to try the service completely Free afterwhich it costs $6 per call and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Ps3 shutdown?
hi..Seems like your Power Supply went dead or either a faulty button..
Since those are touch pads those sometimes wear out. Another issue
could be due to overheating..
Posted on Jul 20, 2009
With your PS3 turned off, press and hold the Power button on the front of the PS3 for about 10 seconds (the system will beep as normal as it starts up but after 7-10 seconds it will beep again). The video settings should now be reverted. Doing this will also reset any theme settings. try this? seems to fix alot of issues.
Posted on Jan 23, 2010
This is the Yellow Light Of Death, or YLOD. Mine has happened 3 times.
Basically, the solder on the heat sync has cracked. It can be re-flowed i.e. melted again, but it doesn't always work.
Posted on Mar 02, 2010
this happens when the ps3 has overheated-try removing the hard drive and replacing then give the console a hoover out.....if this doesnt work try holding the power button on for 5 sec....if this doesnt work its back to sony im affraid
Posted on Mar 16, 2010
Follow the procedure below to fix the problem on your ps3,
1. Turn off Playstation®3.
2. Hold the power button down; the system will turn on and turn off once again.
3. Once the System has been shutdown, re-press you finger until you hear 2 consecutive beeps
4. When you hear the 2 beeps take finger off power button.
5. You will be prompted to plug in your controller via USB and then hit the PS button
6. The Recovery menu will pop up.
The current Recovery Menu supports:
• Restart System: Restarts the PLAYSTATION®3 System.
• Restore Default Settings: Reset all system settings back to default.
• Restore File System: Checks for corrupt/missing system files.
• Rebuild Database: Rebuilds the OS for the PLAYSTATION®3.
• Restore PS3 System: Fresh restore; Deletes everything and starts from Scratch.
• System Update: Update the PLAYSTATION®3 System.
Posted on Jul 20, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 28, 2013 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Aug 18, 2012 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Nov 22, 2010 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Apr 22, 2010 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Mar 16, 2010 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Oct 14, 2009 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Mar 27, 2017 | RCA L37WD12 37 in. LCD HDTV
Nov 07, 2008 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Sep 28, 2008 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Mar 08, 2008 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
37 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!