This model of Presario has an audio controller that supports the high definition audio. You need to have Microsoft Universal Audio Architecture (UAA) Bus Driver for High Definition Audio installed on the computer before installing the audio driver.
Here is the link for the Microsoft Universal Audio Architecture Driver that need to be installed before installing the Audio Driver:ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp33501-34000/sp33867.exe
After installing the UAA driver I suggest you to restart the Notebook once and the install the Audio Driver from the below link:ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp36001-36500/sp36408.exe
nstalling this driver may result in an error. But continue with the following steps to get the audio driver installed correctly.
Please follow the below steps to install the driver correctly:
1. Click on Start and select Run. Now type devmgmt.msc and press enter.
2. Right click on "Audio device on High Definition Audio Bus" and click Update driver.
3. Select "Install from a list or specific location"
4. Click Next. Then select "Don't search, I will choose the driver to install"
5. Click Next and then select "Sound, video and game controller" from the list.
6. Click Next and then click Have Disk.
7. Click Browse C:\swsetup\sp36408 folder and the double click the V32 folder. Select the .inf file, click open and Continue with the onscreen instructions.
Similarly install Modem Drivers:
Conexant HDAUDIO Soft Data Fax Modem with SmartCP Driver:ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp33501-34000/sp33890.exe
1.Right click on "Modem device on High Definition Audio Bus" and click Update driver.
2. Select "Install from a list or specific location"
3. Click Next. Then select "Don't search, I will choose the driver to install"
4. Click Next and then select "Modem" from the list.
5. Click Next and then click Have Disk.
6. Click Browse C:\swsetup\sp33890 folder and select the .inf (wis30b2b)
file and click open and Continue with the onscreen instructions.
Lan Drivers: Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC Driverftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp32001-32500/sp32105.exe
Intel Pro Wireless Driver:ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp33001-33500/sp33404.exe
BroadCom Wireless Driver:ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp32001-32500/sp32156.exe
Lemme know if you need anything else.