Lowering Firewall Settings
In CA Internet Security Suite 2010
1. From the Start menu, select All Programs, CA, CA Internet Security Suite, and CA Security Center.
2. Click the My Internet panel twice.
The Settings tab will open with the Network Access sub tab selected by default.
3. Select the default network as Home Network.
4. Click the Browser Protection sub tab.
5. Click the Advanced Settings link next to one or more of the below features on this page.
Cookie Control, Ad/Pop Up Blocker, Mobile Code Control
6. When Advanced Settings show up, clear the boxes for features you want to unblock.
7. To exclude a website completely from Browser Protection, click the Add button to the bottom of this page, and add this website or web link.
8. Click the Apply button.In CA Personal Firewall 2009 and older versions
- Open CA Personal Firewall.
- Click on Firewall on the left.
- Drag down the slider bars for Home Zone and Public Zone to Medium.
- Click on the Network Rules sub-tab across the top.
- If you have set any blocking rules for your network, then disable them for unrestricted internet activity.
- Click on Privacy on the left.
- If you have problems with only one (or a few) websites, please click on Manage Sites button on the top right to exclude them.
- Drag down the slider bars for Mobile Code and Ad-Blocking to Off.
This will give you access to java games, active X coding on good websites and informative popups, if any.
- Set the Cookie control slider bar to Medium.
- Click on the Safeguard button to the left.
- Enable Registry Protection, Program Protection and Code Injection.
- Click on the Program Control tab across the top, and right click under every column for this program to choose Allow.
- Click on Program Rules across the top, and disable any rules to lower restrictions.
For adding sites and changing the privilages to allow facebook, follow this guide:
- Open the CA Personal Firewall window and click on Privacy on the left.
- Click on the Manage Sites button on the top right.
- Click on Add.
- Click on the name of the website being blocked by the firewall and click OK.
Note that you have green check marks on all columns for this website. You can right click under a column and choose Prevent to block functions on this website.
- Close out the firewall window and check if you can open the website now.