Question about Brother P-Touch 1180 Label Printer
My brother p-touch has been printing labels on laminated tape just fine, now all of a sudden it won't feed the label. I didn't install the tape the first time, so I need to know how to re-install or where to place the end of the tape so I can see if this will fix the jamming. Thanks
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Manual is here: http://www.brother-usa.com/ModelDocuments/Consumer/Users%20Manual/UM_PT_65_65SB_65SCCP_65SL_65VP_EN_166.PDF
Your cassette appears empty or otherwise non-functional. Please see page 2 of the above manual.
Posted on Jul 11, 2008
SOURCE: label sheets won't feed, jam
1. Turn the printer off and open the access cover.
2. Look for any obstructions in the paper path and remove them if necessary. (It is possible to move the carrier assembly with the power off.)
3. Turn the printer on, load some paper, and press the Form Feed button. (On the X83, press the Select button.)
4. Watch the paper as it feeds through and try to determine where the jam is occurring.
5. Check to see if all the rollers are turning.
If all the rollers are turning, there may be something in the feed path that you can't see. Go to step 6.
If not, there is probably a feed motor or a gear problem and the printer may require service.
6. If the paper is jamming under the carrier assembly, you may be able to fix it using the manual feed slot.
7. Turn the printer off.
8. Take a #10 envelope and feed it through the left side of the manual feed slot until it comes right through the printer to the back of the exit rollers.
9. Move it up and down first, and then slowly move it over to the right side. If something is stuck under the black guide plate, this may work it loose.
Posted on Dec 22, 2008
Take out your cartridge and look at the end of the tape, it should be under the guide, the skinny bar, before going into your machine. Make sure you tuck it in under that bar and it should be OK.
Posted on Aug 28, 2009
If the end is already messed up you may need a new cartridge, if you can remove the tape and feed the end under the guide on the cartridge and re-install it should work properly again.
Posted on Sep 17, 2009
Man, that tape's a real b!%^ch. I just spent an hour figuring it out, so here ya go... In the center is a (larger that the rest) gray wheel, this is the "toner" take up reel. On the tape that's come out of the cassette, seperate the three layers, and start "reeling in" just the toner. (The laminate and label that have come out are just lost, no real hope for them) When you get close to the end of the toner, help it feed straight back in, and it will go all the way back in. You may have to hold on to the laminate and label so it doesn't try to follow the toner. once that done, it should look like the original cartridge, trim off the excess and you should be good to go.
Posted on Apr 01, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 18, 2013 | Brother P-Touch PT-2400 Label Tape OEM...
Feb 06, 2011 | Brother P-Touch 300 Thermal Printer
Jan 24, 2010 | Brother P-Touch 1180 Label Printer
Nov 13, 2009 | Brother P-Touch 1180 Label Printer
Aug 28, 2009 | Brother P-Touch PT-1200 Label Printer
Nov 17, 2008 | Brother P-Touch 1180 Label Printer
414 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!