Question about Microwave Ovens
When I press 'Time' inorder to start heating my food, I get '1S' at the bottom of the timer screen in 'red' and the food does not warm up ..?? May I please know how to get rid of this error or program ? Thanks n Regards
Posted by Anonymous on
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
The problem is that the magnatron is not getting power. Chance is that if could be a bolwn fuse inside the unit. If the fuse don't fix it then that leaves the charging diode, capacitor or the magnatron, or high voltage xformer of which without technical epertize I would not recomend attempting to replace. good luck
Posted on May 14, 2008
SOURCE: burn at bottom of microwave
First try cleaning the burned mark off. Dip a scrubber in lemon juice and sprinkle salt on it; this is also great for burned coffee pots. The smell can be gotten rid of this way: Boil lemon peel in water, then put the water in a spray bottle. Not only will it make your microwave smell fresh but the lemon oil will make it easier to clean. If it still smells of burning rubber, take the back off and inspect the wiring. IF you see burned wiring, please do yourself a favor and replace the microwave!
Microwaves work by making the molecules in food get "excited"-they move more-meaning, if there IS rubber burning, then there will be minute molecules of rubber in your food, which is BAD for your immune system. If it's just burned chocolate, though, it is harmless unless you are allergic.
Posted on Aug 19, 2008
SOURCE: LG Microwave does not heat food
est the high voltage capacitor,the rectifier diode.or the magnetron. If all this are fine, test the control board.
Thediode and capacitors can br tested. The capacitor must bealloweddischarge before testing, or you risk to get electrocuted, evenifpower is off. Capacitors can get discharged by shorting theirtwocontacts.
Before replacing the magnetron test also the control board.
Replace the magnetron if the checks and all of the high voltage component tests are good, but the unit still does not heat.
All locations, and description of this parts can be located using the diagram here: Counter top.
Parts must be tested to find out what is wrong.
Remember that microwaves are potentially dangerous devices if not repaired properly, the job must be done by a competent person.
A microwave energy leakage test must always be performed when the oven is serviced for any reason.
Regarding parts, contact the seller here to purchase parts.
Posted on Apr 27, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 02, 2018 | Microwave Ovens
Sep 16, 2014 | Microwave Ovens
May 23, 2014 | Microwave Ovens
Apr 01, 2012 | Samsung Microwave Ovens
Mar 08, 2012 | Sanyo Microwave Ovens
Jan 31, 2012 | GE Spacemaker 1.7 Cu. Ft. Over-the-Range...
Oct 05, 2011 | Sanyo Microwave Ovens
May 08, 2011 | Emerson MW9090SS Microwave Oven
Jan 27, 2010 | Panasonic Microwave Ovens
May 30, 2008 | Sanyo EM-S8000 Microwave Oven
80 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!