Question about Electrolux Epic 6500 Vacuum
Can't get rear compartment open. Peeled back rubber trim strips ... only to reveal white plastic "I-beam" strip. How to proceed? (My main problem is a cord that won't rewind) Thanks very much for your time Tom
This is what I used to open my vac... Note - the white plastic strips under the bumper clips into the case at the front end (to help these instructions, you may also want to put a thin flat blade screw driver between the white plastic strip and the case, @ the inboard most point)...
If you want to open the machine, the two bumpers on either side, that say ELECTROUX hold the egg shell together. This is the process....
1. remove the bag, leave the bag cover open
2. lay the vacuum on its side on the floor with the bag cover to your right hand side.
3. place screw driver blade flat against the bumper on the opposite end from the bag cover, near the cordwinder cover, strike the screw driver firmly with a hammer, this will unlock the bumper and it will slide off toward the bag end of the machine.
4. turn the vacuum onto the other side, and follow the same process.
5. after both bumpers are removed you can get into the vacuum.
Posted on Dec 29, 2008
Http://www.howtomendit.com/~howtomen/answers.php?id=28739 good luck
Posted on Sep 01, 2007
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 24, 2009 | Electrolux Guardian Bagged Canister Vacuum
Jan 01, 2009 | Electrolux Epic 6500 Vacuum
Dec 18, 2008 | Electrolux UltraLux 2000 Bagged Canister...
Dec 08, 2008 | Electrolux Epic 6500 Vacuum
Dec 04, 2008 | Electrolux Epic 6500 Vacuum
Aug 19, 2008 | Electrolux Epic 6500 Vacuum
Aug 17, 2008 | Electrolux Epic 6500 Vacuum
Mar 18, 2008 | Electrolux Epic 6500 Vacuum
Jan 15, 2008 | Electrolux UltraLux 2000 Bagged Canister...
Aug 30, 2007 | Electrolux Epic 6500 Vacuum
285 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: