Question about Washing Machines
Removal of side loading door handle removal
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get to try the service completely Free afterwhich it costs $6 per call and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Removing the door is very tricky, trust me on this. I ended up breaking it the first time, so please learn from my mistake.
1. Remove all visible screws: 2 at bottom of door, 3 on front near hinge, 1 on inside the door lever. You will need an average size phillips screwdriver to do this.
2. On the door handle itself, you will see two circles. Pop the front one out. You will need a LARGE size phillips screwdriver to do this.
3. Once screws are removed, take a (standard) flat-head screwdriver, preferable one with a large face, and pry the triangular piece of plastic (that covers the outside SIDE mirror) off. This will aide in puting the door panel back on...TRUST ME!!!
4. Take the same flat-head screwdriver, and pry behind the door lock (at the same time, push forward toward the door hinge). The assembly should pop out.
5. Gently pry the door panel from the door, making sure not to break any unnecessary pieces along the way. The door panel should be hanging by the window sill opening.
6. This is where it will get tricky. It is advised that you use help with this part: Angle the door panel at a 45 degree angle. AT THE SAME TIME, slightly bend and twist the door lock handle until it fits through the hole. You will see the 3 pegs the held it in the door from before. Also note: Be careful not to break the 2 poles that are attached to the lock.
7. After popping the lock through the hole, you should be able to lift the door upward, and off the sill. Repeat these steps in reverse order to re-attach door panel.
Be careful not to rip sound-deadening paper found on inside of door unless you intend to remove or replace it! Not only does it prevent dirt and moisture from entering your door (and possible rusting it from the inside out), but it makes your speakers sound better too!
**It is also recommended to put a tiny bead of silicone on the inside of the door panel to help suppress any rattling, and prevent moisture and dust from entering. It also helps your screws obtain a tighter fit. Hope this helps!
Posted on Mar 24, 2009
SOURCE: Drivers Side Door Handle
You need to take inside door panel off This just clips on but there are screws in armrest and inside door handle look for any other small square covers that may hide screws Lift panel up Make sure window is up Disconnect wiring from panel and you can now get at door handle linkage and bolts
Posted on Jul 10, 2009
taking off the door panel is a lot of work. i can explain it all to you if you still have the same problem. i've replaced all of my door handles for all 4 of my hyundai's doors, so i'm experienced in this department. would you like a step by step walkthrough still?
Posted on Aug 05, 2009
Look under the round part of the handle,see if there is a small allen screw there,if it is unscrew it until the handle comes off.if not send a new message
Posted on Sep 06, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 10, 2017 | Cars & Trucks
Jun 08, 2016 | 2007 Hyundai Accent GS Hatchback
Feb 13, 2015 | Hyundai Cars & Trucks
Jul 20, 2014 | 2006 Ford Focus
Mar 18, 2014 | Hyundai Motor 2002 Elantra
Feb 07, 2014 | Samsung DV422EWHDWR 7.2 Cu. Ft. Top Load...
Aug 21, 2013 | Cars & Trucks
Jan 10, 2013 | Hyundai Motor 1999 Elantra
Mar 07, 2011 | 1998 Ford Windstar
52 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!