Question about Televison & Video
The samsung is definitely a good tv however... something is wrong... i noticed a dark spot corner on the lower bottom right hand side of the tv... im not sure what is wrong and what i can do to fix it...
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
(Yes, this is a cross-post from another thread...I just wanted to help everyone on the various threads on this issue...please do not flame me)
Ok...once and for all I will explain the fix (in detail...which has been missing)...
1) Firmware updates do not fix this problem. I had this problem, and updated my firmware to the latest versons without success. Also, cleaning the light engine (or any other part) does not fix this problem. If you cleaned your TV and your problem disappeared, you had a different problem.)
2) This repair requies a special tool from Panasonic. The tool is part number LSUQ0100. It is light grey in color, and is roughly 7" x 5" x 1" in size. It has diagnostic lights on it, and a button to press to start the procedure. This tool is used to reprogram your EEPROM. Again, this is VERY different than flash upgrading your firmware.
3) To repair the TV, the repairman must remove the lower back of the unit and plug the long, 5-wire connector (5 individual wires terminated to one female connector end - reminds you a bit of an old-style CD-ROM audio cable used in computers) into a male recepticle on the light engine.
4) The procedure takes roughly 6-7 minutes to complete. The TV remains on during the procedure (yeah, I was a bit surprised too). About mid-way through the procedure, your colored ball-shaped blotches will just disappear....no on-screen progress bar, no bright flash, the spots just disappear in the blink of the eye.
5) CALL PANASONIC!!! They are standing behind these TVs, and are covering these in-home repairs free-of-charge - EVEN IF YOUR TV IS OUT OF WARRANTY. Mine was out of warranty by over a year. The Panasonic rep was very kind, but did explain that this is the only repair for these TVs that they will cover out of warranty, as it was a defect in the manufacture of the unit - all other repairs are at the expense of the customer.
Good luck to all - I hope this helps some of you!
Cheers to Panasonic for standing behind their products like this....you don't see that very much these days!
Posted on Sep 25, 2008
check make sure you didnt put your tv next to some thing that has a magnet in it such as speakers either from a radio or home surround sound system this will cause the problem and if its been sitting beside a magnet for awhile your probably not going to be able to fix it
Posted on Feb 25, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 09, 2017 | Samsung Televison & Video
Sep 22, 2016 | Sharp Aquos Televison & Video
Apr 08, 2015 | VIZIO M701d A3R 70 Inch 1080p Smart
Dec 22, 2013 | Apex Digital LD4088 LCD TV
Mar 13, 2010 | Sony BRAVIA KDL-40S2010 40 in. LCD...
Apr 14, 2008 | Insignia IS-LCDTV32 32 in. Television
Sep 15, 2007 | Hitachi 50V710 50" Rear Projection...
141 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!