Question about Sony DAV-S500 System
Every time it turns on i goes into headphones mode
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
I don't think this has an Optical but a Coaxial connection. You might try a coaxial audio cable not optical.
Posted on Jan 15, 2008
SOURCE: is it multiregional
Sony are probably the most protective manufacturer of this kind of information. All manufacturers carrying a DVD logo are obliged to say "no" but will normally intentionally leak this to boost sales, particularly in non-US areas.
But try this:
1. In order for this hack to work, you will have to send an infra-red code to your player with a OneForAll remote such as the OneForAll 6 (or URC7560) or OneForAll 4 (or URC7740) or OneForAll 4 Digital, or One For All 5 Digital (or URC 7555) with the following instructions:
Posted on Jan 16, 2008
SOURCE: sony dav-c990 not functioning
A lot of "aged" problems relate to the power supply with this type of unit. If you are a handy chap and know what capacitors are you will find that finding and replacing the "dry" caps in the power supply will fix most problems including streaky pix and crackly audio.
Posted on Mar 10, 2008
Just had and fixed the same problem that hundreds of people are suffering with this system!!
Sony DAV s400 - same problem, won't play though speakers and display indicates that headphones are plugged in - when they are not. Fairly easy to fix and took me less than an hour from start to finish:
1) Remove top cover
2) Remove circuit board that has Audio In/Out phono scockets (to get access to Amplifier Circuit Board)
3) Remove Amplifier circuit board (has the speakers attached)
4) Turn it over and remove copper heat shield
5) Resolder joints where the big brown capacitor is and where the wires go to the front headphone socket...and any other dodgy joints that you find
Posted on Apr 27, 2009
you need to go into the settings on the bluray player and go into the audio settings and change the sound output to dts
Posted on Jun 04, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 26, 2014 | Sony DAV-S500 System
Mar 11, 2008 | Sony DAV-S500 System
on Mar 02, 2010 | Electronics - Others
Sep 08, 2011 | Sony DAV-S500 System
Nov 29, 2009 | Sony DAV-S500 System
Jul 11, 2009 | Sony DAV-S500 System
Feb 03, 2009 | Sony DAV-S400 System
Oct 15, 2008 | Sony DAV-S500 System
Dec 30, 2007 | Sony DAV-S500 System
Jun 11, 2007 | Sony DAV-S500 System
36 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!