Question about Office Equipment & Supplies
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
There is a paper sensor flipped the wrong way or broken. Many sensors in these printers use a small sensor with a plastic flipper that the paper engages. Get inside with a flashlight.
Posted on Mar 30, 2009
There will still be some scrap of paper in the machine. Get a torch and get in there. It's the only way, unless you call tech guy
Posted on Apr 28, 2009
Actually, you need to double check the back cover and front cover, open them all to check all paper jam.
Besure to check the back cover, normally all paper jam is from the back.
be sure to close the front cover at the last cover to close.
Posted on May 29, 2009
The proper reset code sequence to reset DCP printers without numeric keypad should be as follows:
1. press buttons Set, Menu, Mono Start one by one, followed by up arrow key four times. this should all be done as short a time as possible, around 3 seconds.
2. enter maintenance mode 80 by pressing the up/down arrow key and set key to select numbers 8 and 0
3. press up arrow key several times to get to the Purge item
4. enter 2, 7, 8 and 3 using arrow/set keys to reset the counter
5. press Stop/Exit key to go to root of maintenance mode
6. enter 9,9 to exit maintenance mode
(for printers with numeric keypad):
Resetting purge counter on: MFC-620CN / MFC-420CN / MFC-410CN / MFC-210C and FAX-2440C:
1. Enter machine maintenance mode (on MFC-210C all four photo/copy/fax/scan lights flash in maintenance mode). Care is needed in maintenance mode, otherwise critical settings may be inadvertently corrupted.
FAX models with numerical keypads: Press the Menu/Set, *, 2, 8, 6 and 4 keys within two seconds. (if you fail to complete the correct key sequence within two seconds, press the Stop key to try again).
Other (non-FAX) models: Press the Menu/Set and Black Start keys. Next press the “up arrow” key four times to enter the maintenance mode.
2. Press the 8 then 0 keys in the initial stage of the maintenance mode to call up the machine's log information list (function code 80).
3. Press the Black Start key several times to scroll through the log information list to reach the purge counter. The purge counter is the 25th item in the list.
4. Press the 2, 7, 8, and 3 keys in this order to reset the purge count to zero.
5. Press the Stop/Exit key to return to the initial stage of the maintenance mode.
6. Press the 9 key twice to return to the standby state.
Posted on Dec 11, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 06, 2015 | Brother DCP-J315W Inkjet Multifunction...
Jul 23, 2011 | Brother DCP 165C Compact Color Inkjet...
May 11, 2011 | Brother DCP-7020 All-In-One Laser Printer
May 20, 2010 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Jun 13, 2009 | Brother DCP-7020 All-In-One Laser Printer
Jun 11, 2009 | Brother DCP-330C All-In-One InkJet Printer
Apr 28, 2009 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Apr 24, 2009 | Brother DCP-8040 Copier
Nov 07, 2008 | Office Equipment & Supplies
32 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!