- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Lots of older watches needed to have the hands advanced 24 hours to advance the date one day. Fortunately most modern watches require the hands to be wound backwards to advance the date, often at the rate of a day per hour. A combination of the backward and forward winding of the hands made adjusting the day and date much simpler and quicker.
A few premium watches had a third position when pulling out the winder, a position dedicated to adjusting the day/date
You are very observant! Timex watches don't have a way to adjust the day.
However, if you turn the hands clockwise you will see the day advance.
So, heres the secret, follow exactly:
1. Turn the hands until the day of the week shows the day before. If today is Wednesday then turn the hands until the watch shows Tuesday
2 Adjust the date to the day before. If today is the 17th then adjust it to the 16th
3. Now pull the crown all the out and and advance the hands until the date changes to the correct date, 17 in this example. This happens at midnight. Continue the movement in a clockwise direction for a few more hours and you should see the day change to the correct day.
4. Now continue to move in a clockwise direction until you have the current time. Remember that your date/day changed at midnight so if the current time is after lunch(noon) you must continue past noon to get to the correct time. If you don't do this correctly your date will change every day at noon instead of midnight.
If you don't succeed the first time, try, try again!
Good luck, Michael, Watchmaker to the Stars!
HERE IS STEPS FOR SETTING OF YOUR WATCH... STEP3 EXPLAINS THE SETTING OF DAY,DATE.....
Push in the lower right button until you see the seconds flash. Press the upper right button to run the seconds display down to zero. Push the bottom left button to get into the mode to set the hours. Press the top right button to scroll through the numbers. Watch that you choose a.m. or p.m. correctly.
Press the bottom left button to get into the mode to set the minutes. Again, push the top right button to scroll through the numbers until you reach the correct time.
Repeat the process from Step 2 four times to set the month, date and day of the week and to change to military time if you wish. Push the bottom right button to save your settings. You'll notice the colon between the numbers will start to flash.