Question about Computers & Internet
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Am not familiar with the model but Compaq would be your best source...support and downloads....if not, and you will need to poke around.....there is an absolutely phenomenal free driver site in Russia that has (personal opinion) virtually every driver ever made in every version. All free. You can also try the add/remove hardware auto detect and point it to Microsoft...you might get lucky. The only other solution is to query the internet with your model number and the words driver behind it. Hope this helps....Tango.
Posted on Jan 25, 2008
SOURCE: mac won't recognize usb drive
I devised these simple steps that tend to remedy quite a few issues with most USB portable / external hard drives and devices (though not always)
A few things to check but assumes USB and Windows for other interfaces / operating systems similar steps may be adapted to suit.
1. Ensure it is connected directly to the computer to a USB 2.0 port not a USB 1.0 port as this can have effects on performance and reliability
2. Use only the cables that came with it NOT one that fits that may have been lying around or is longer. Not all USB cables are equal even though they should be)
3. Do not connect through an external USB HUB unless that hub is USB 2.0 AND has its own power supply.
4. Use ONLY the power supply that came with it if it has an external power supply Don’t use any other unless you know it has both the same voltage and current rating e.g. 12V 500mA anything rated below that would not work properly.
5. Always use the same port for connecting your devices. Some devices do not like being switched about. If switched they may want to install software / drivers again. This can be especialy true if you move a HUB to another port
If you checked and fixed anything there and still have issues then check your hardware from CONTROL PANEL / SYSTEM / HARDWARE.
Any exclamation marks by hardware need fixing before you investigate any further
For MAC users I am sorry but apart from the above steps that is all I can offer.
Posted on Sep 01, 2009
You will find SAMSUNG SFD 321U DRIVERS For windows above.
Posted on Oct 14, 2010
if you are having trouble with your drivers
here is a general look at the drivers and how to update them
if your computer came with a motherboard disc the drivers could be on it
click start control panel administrive tools ,computer management ,device manager look through all of your devices if you see a yellow question mark?or exclamation mark ! or red x
right click to reinstall drivers or
if you can see your usb but its not working
ports(com&lpt)right click update driver hope this helps
Posted on Jun 11, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 07, 2015 | Computers & Internet
Jan 22, 2015 | BYTECC (BT144) External Floppy Drive
Jan 06, 2014 | Mitsumi Lot Of 3, 3.5 Inch 1.44mb Floppy...
Mar 22, 2013 | Computers & Internet
Jul 18, 2011 | SmartDisk USB Floppy Drive Titanium...
Aug 16, 2010 | IBM USB Portable Diskette Drive (05K9276)...
Jul 13, 2010 | Toshiba - Floppy disk drive - external -...
Jan 23, 2009 | Memorex Computers & Internet
Mar 22, 2008 | Computers & Internet
61 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!