Question about Televison & Video
Remote control is ok ,taken batt out ,still menu keeps popping up
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Menu pop up
You may try to check the eeprom circuits. First check their power input line, is it stable or not? Even the power supply line to eeprom ic have a little change/not stable, then you need to suspect the voltage line have some thing not stable, please check fileter cap and regulation ic first. Any more info on plasma tv info you can go to this site to get the tips, http://www.fastrepairguide.com
Posted on Sep 08, 2007
Is this a plasma TV ? If so remove the back cover of tv and unplug the cable that plugs into the IR board from the SSB that receives the signal from the remote. If it stops you panel is causing interference with the signal. If it doesn't your problem is in you SSB. you might see if there is a software upgrade offered by the producer of that TV.
Posted on May 06, 2008
SOURCE: Menu keeps popping up!
I had this same problem with the Main Menu coming up on my Dell Monitor E171FPb and I thought I would tell you
what I did to fix the problem.
1. I shut down the PC.
2. I removed the power cable and video cable from the back of the monitor.
3. I removed the four screws that hold the stand for the monitor and slid the stand off.
4. I then removed the 5 screws that hold the back cover on the monitor.
5. I took two flat blade screw drivers and carefully removed the back cover.
At the bottom of the monitor case, there is a small circuit board the holds the 6 switches for controlling the display.
6. I located the button that calls up the Main Menu. It is the second switch from the left as you are looking at the monitor from the rear.
7. I used a small solder iron and heated up the four prongs in sequence while holding the switch with a pair of needle nose pliers. I had to rotate this process from one prong to the other while all the time applying slight pulling pressure on the switch pulling it away from the circuit board.
8. Once the switch was removed, I put the cover back on and tightened up the five screws.
9. Then I slid the base back in the slot it came from and tightened the four screws.
10. I connected the video and power cable and turned on the PC.
With the switch removed the Main Menu never popped up again and I am so very happy.
Posted on May 30, 2008
The most commom causes are One. There ia a stuck button on the tv itself. The Menu button. The membrane switch or the TACT switch is bad and needs to be replaced. The Main bd can also be bad.
Posted on Jul 17, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 08, 2013 | Televison & Video
on Apr 25, 2010 | Televison & Video
Feb 21, 2011 | Acer XD1150 DLP Projector
Nov 04, 2010 | Philips Televison & Video
Mar 09, 2010 | Televison & Video
Oct 02, 2009 | RCA R61WH76 61" HDTV
Aug 08, 2009 | GE Televison & Video
Mar 28, 2009 | Philips 42PF7220A 42 in. Plasma Television
Aug 19, 2017 | LG Televison & Video
28 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: