Question about Office Equipment & Supplies
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get to try the service completely Free afterwhich it costs $6 per call and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
The rollers should be cleaned if the paper fails to feed smoothly into the unit. All document and media rollers should be cleaned using a lint-free cloth lightly moistened with water.
1. The unit must be powered down and the power cord unplugged before cleaning the rollers. This will allow the rollers to be turned by hand in most cases. The paper should also be removed before cleaning the rollers.
2. Remove the rear access door to access the rollers. Clean any dust and debris from the rollers.
3. Open the unit and check the four small metal paper rollers (not the rubber rollers) in the interior of the unit. They should be clean and move freely. If these are not bright and shinny or have buildup on them, they should be cleaned. Also clean any dust and debris off of the rubber rollers.
4. Close the unit and reattach the rear access door.
5. Plug the power cord back in and power the unit up. It should reinitialize for about 20 seconds.
6. Print another extended self-test page.
==== Partial Reset ====
Press and hold # and 3 button on the unit while plugging in the power cord.
Note: For models that are not fax capable, press Plus (+) instead of #.
==== Semi Full Reset ====
Press and hold # and 6 button on the unit while plugging in the power cord.
NOTE: For models that are not fax capable, press plus (+) instead of #.
==== NVM RAM Reset ====
Press and hold OK and Cancel button while plugging in the power cord
Posted on May 19, 2009
i had the printer jam issue when there wasnt a real printer jam.
if you push the print cartidges off to the right, then reach in and push down on the cleaning head that is located on the left on the inside, it pops back down into place and voila, printer jam error message fixed.
Posted on Jul 04, 2009
• To resolve this issue remove the cartridges and then the printhead (Upon removing the cartridges look into the slot where the black cartridge fitted into. On the vertical wall at the back you will see two small contact points. Place your finger above those points on the black plastic and run your finger towards the top of the printhead. You will feel a little button and by pressing it , it will release the printhead.)
• Remove power
• Please now check for any objects or paper that might be obstructing the movement of the printer carriage - if any are found please remove them
• Wait 5-7 minutes
• Reinsert power
• Reinsert printhead (When inserting the Printhead please ensure that you hear it click into place)
• Then re-insert cartridges, black first then colour.Please also ensure that you hear them clip into place
Posted on Oct 26, 2009
SOURCE: Canon Pixma iP4500 error 5100
Hi You can Try
Another old posting
Error Code 5100
Clean the timing strip.
The purge cap (the white sliding mechanism that the print head parks to when it's not in use) may be not lubricated well enough .
Lubricate the sliders with some white grease (don't get it on the small wipers or the black caps); this repair probably require to remove the right panel off of the printer to gain access to the purge mechanism.
All The Best: Pineworks
Posted on Jan 28, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 20, 2017 | HP Office Equipment & Supplies
Sep 13, 2011 | Kodak ESP 3 Multifunction Printer/ Copier/...
Sep 13, 2010 | Kodak ESP 3 Multifunction Printer/ Copier/...
Aug 20, 2010 | Brother MFC 6490CW InkJet Printer
Oct 19, 2009 | Kodak ESP 3 Multifunction Printer/ Copier/...
Sep 15, 2009 | Kodak ESP 5 Printer
Jun 16, 2009 | Brother MFC 240C All-In-One InkJet Printer
Apr 01, 2009 | Kodak ESP 5 Printer
30 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!