Question about Craftsman Garden
I put a new solenoid and a new switch but can't get any fire to the spark plug
Take top off.Look to see if magneto has rust on the coil.if so,get a steel brush,and clean mag,coil.That could be it.Also check to see if you broke the key on the crank.
Posted on Dec 05, 2013
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
1) check plug for being carbon fouled or fuel fouled. Even though it fires, it may not be firing correctly
2) make sure you have compression 75-100 psi. since the compression release so you can pull the rope works off of the exhaust valve, you may not get anymore than that.
3) Is there water or debris in the float bowl
Fuel Starvation - Float Bowl Carburetor
1) remove air filter assembly
*be cautious of tearing the mounting gasket. If it does tear, you HAVE to replace it. It is part of the priming system
2) remove the float bowl fastener. This is the main jet
3) carefully remove the float bowl, the rubber o-ring/gasket will not be able to be used if it is removed, you WILL have to replace it
4) using a spray 'carb cleaner'
spray up thru the center of the carburetor
spray and clean the main jet with cleaner and 'tag' wire
(tag wire is very thin, and can be used to clean the hole in the center of the main jet)
5) clean any debris from inside the bowl or carb body
6) re-install bowl and center bolt, air filter assembly
*if you need gaskets, your local lawn & garden dealer can supply. The kit is cheaper than individual gaskets, and all the parts needed to finish the above repair are in the kit.
I’m happy to assist further over the phone at https://www.6ya.com/expert/rolandw_c013176d62ee17ae
Posted on Nov 26, 2009
Check your seat, drive safety switches. Can you turn the engine with jumper cables attached to the starter? It won't start, but should turn over, one of your safety switches is not working.
Posted on Apr 16, 2010
unplug the harness and crank it over see if there is spark then is yes check the safety switches if not check the coils
Posted on Apr 13, 2012
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 28, 2015 | Craftsman 17.5 hp 42 in. Deck Lawn Tractor...
Jul 14, 2014 | Garden
Jun 30, 2014 | Craftsman Garden
Apr 09, 2013 | Craftsman 20 Hp 42" Deck Lawn Tractor
Jun 03, 2012 | Briggs & Stratton Garden
Aug 18, 2011 | Craftsman Garden
Aug 04, 2010 | Craftsman 17.5 hp 42 in. Deck Lawn Tractor...
Apr 08, 2010 | Craftsman 17.5 hp 42 in. Deck Lawn Tractor...
May 17, 2009 | Craftsman Garden
30 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: