Question about Office Equipment & Supplies
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
The cover is not shut all the way or the magnet is not making the connection between the cover and the chassis. A1 is a microcode checksum error. don't know what that means.
Posted on Mar 03, 2011
SOURCE: I have a IBM 9068
Error 18 is a "Paper Edge Search Error".
1. Check document for damage and check it meets specs.
2. Check that Ribbon Cartridge is installed correctly.
3. Do "Form-Edge Sensor Service Check"
4. Do "Platen" adjustment.
Sensor Status Display:
1. Start Self-Test (press and hold Start 1 on panel: then turn on printer. Keep holding button until at least "00" is displayed.
2. Use a magnet to override cover closed/open sensor to the left of the Start1 button in the indent.
3. Press Reject Off button until "4" is displayed.
4. Press Start1 button to shift to next digit.
5. Press Reject Off to display "4"
6. Display should now read "44"
7. Press Start2 button. The LED display indicates sensor status'
8. You will see changes with inserting paper or removing paper.
FORM-EDGE SERVICE CHECK:
Perform sensor status display as stated above. The sensor is located on the print head carriage on the left side.
1. The upper right vertical segment of the left LED digit is assigned to the form-edge sensor for Command "44"
With no paper the LED segment is unlit.
2. Check the sensor by inserting paper. Move the print carrier to the right to access the sensor mounted on the print carrier.
If the LED segment becomes lit when you insert the paper, and becomes unlit when you remove the paper, sensor is OK.
3. If the sensor does not work, check that the sensor cable is connected correctly. If the cable is okay, replace the following one at a time:
a. Form Edge Sensor -46H2648
b. Form Edge Sensor Cable -46H2730
c. Main Card -
1.46H2632 - Serial Interface
2.46H2634 - Parallel Interface
Posted on Aug 31, 2011
Make sure it looks like this before installing. The gears have a habit of falling out of place while installing.
Posted on Sep 01, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 28, 2013 | IBM 9068 A01 Passbook Business Printer...
Jan 12, 2012 | IBM Office Equipment & Supplies
Mar 28, 2011 | IBM Office Equipment & Supplies
Oct 28, 2010 | IBM Network Printer 17 Laser
Mar 27, 2009 | IBM Office Equipment & Supplies
430 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!