Question about GE Microwave Ovens
Control panel of GE microwave countertop oven JE-69 got damp from sponge. Heat and dowel pressing has removed moisture and all buttons work now except the all important "start". button. Have applied suction from vacuum, heat from hair dryer and waited for dry-out. Is start controlled with an SCR or relay, are there fuses I should check inside? Unit assembled April 1987, Louisville.
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: GE Spacemaker XL 1400 Microwave
Generally, the most common causes of a failure to heat are:
- bad door switches or door switch mounts
- loose connection at the magnetron
- problem or loose connection on the control unit circuit board
- bad magnetron or other high voltage part
If you or a friend decide to look into it, we have critical safety information, info on door switch diagnosis and replacement, and
disassembly information at our site, linked here on Fixya: http://tinyurl.com/yzjozk
You can usually find helpful exploded view diagrams and order parts by entering your full model number here: http://tinyurl.com/gv383
Posted on Nov 28, 2007
Here is a tip that will help you to figure out what is wrong with yourMicrowave Oven....
Microwave Oven Basic Troubleshooting Tips
Posted on Sep 30, 2010
SOURCE: Microwave refuses to work when
That's probably a failed door switch or door switch mount.
It's a pretty simple do it yourself fix. See this helpful file on door switches.
You can find handy exploded views and order parts by model number here.
But if your cooktop lights failed recently, you have a damaged control circuit board, which we can usually repair for $39.95. Details are here.
We're happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.
Posted on Jan 11, 2011
SOURCE: JNM 1855 Microwave oven is
The description of the sound lead to burn of the high voltage diode part no 50. Alsoafter this the fuse will also blow out part no 47 at the parts diagram.
In anycase their will need also diagnostic to confirm the diode and fuse or any other parts.
Posted on Aug 15, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 02, 2014 | GE Microwave Ovens
Oct 27, 2013 | GE JES1142SPSS 1.1 cu. ft. Countertop...
Feb 15, 2013 | Microwave Ovens
Nov 30, 2012 | General Electric PEB1590DMBB: Profile 1.5...
Jun 25, 2012 | GE SpaceMaker Microwave Ovens
Dec 06, 2010 | GE JE2160 Microwave Oven
Jun 29, 2010 | GE Countertop Microwave Oven
Jul 15, 2009 | GE Countertop Microwave Oven
Feb 06, 2009 | Whirlpool MH7140XF Microwave Oven
Aug 05, 2007 | GE Advantium 120 Convection/Microwave Oven
Dec 08, 2017 | GE Microwave Ovens
94 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!