Where ? under hood fuse box or inside fuse box ?
F1.17 20 Four-wheel drive control module (14B466)
F2.17 15 Battery saver relay, Accessory delay relay
Visual Inspection Chart
- Engine oil level
- Door adjustment
- Engine coolant level
- Fuel tank
- Fuel evaporative system
- Battery junction box (BJB) fuse 15 (5A)
- Central junction box (CJB) fuses:
- Miniature bulb(s)
- Instrument cluster
- If an obvious cause for an observed or reported concern is found, correct the cause (if possible) before proceeding to the next step.
- If the concern is not visually evident, connect the diagnostic tool to the data link connector and select the vehicle to be tested from the diagnostic tool menu. If the diagnostic tool does not communicate with the vehicle:
- check that the program card or disk is correctly installed.
- check the connections to the vehicle.
- check the ignition switch position.
- If the diagnostic tool still does not communicate with the vehicle, refer to the diagnostic tool operating manual.
- Carry out the diagnostic tool data link test. If the diagnostic tool responds with:
- SCP or UBP circuit fault; all electronic control units no response/not equipped, refer to Section 418-00 .
- No response/not equipped for the instrument cluster, Go To Pinpoint Test G . For vehicle security module, refer to Section 418-00 ; for anti-lock brake system (ABS), refer to Section 206-09 ; for restraint control module, refer to Section 501-20B .
- System passed, retrieve and record the continuous diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs), erase the continuous DTCs and carry out self-test diagnostics for the instrument cluster.
- If the DTCs retrieved are related to the concern, go to the Instrument Cluster Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) Index or the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) Index to continue diagnostics. For all other DTCs, refer to Section 418-00 .
Instrument Cluster Self-Diagnostic Mode
- If no DTCs related to the concern are retrieved, GO to Symptom Chart to continue diagnostics.
To enter the instrument cluster self diagnostic mode with the engine off, press and hold the odometer reset button (base cluster) or the message center reset button (message center cluster). Turn the key to the RUN position and hold until the display indicates tESt (base cluster) or TEST (message center cluster) usually within three to five seconds. Depress the reset button once to advance through each stage of the self-test.
To exit the instrument cluster self-test mode, turn the ignition to the OFF position. If no DTCs related to the concern are retrieved, proceed to the Symptom Chart to continue diagnostics.
- Incorrect fuel gauge indication
- Fuel level sensor.
- Fuel pump module.
- Fuel tank.
- Instrument cluster.
You need to test , don't guess ! Your best bet would be to take your vehicle to a qualified repair shop .
Fuel Sender Circuit Failure
Go To Pinpoint Test H .
Fuel Sender Circuit Short to Ground
Go To Pinpoint Test H .