Question about Kenmore Washing Machines
TYPE 111 - MODEL 110-4685290 NEED TO REMOVE THE AGITATOR AND TUB TO CLEAN DIRT ON OUTSIDE OF TUB...TKS.
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
I do believe that when you remove the four bolts, it should come out. Sometimes you have to use a little force and shimmy left to right to get it to break loose (no hammers please) especially if you have a lot of scum build-up from soap. They can really be a bear sometimes to remove. Maybe put your foot in the bottom of the tub and hit it on both sides to work it free. Good Luck!!! Jim
Posted on Sep 09, 2007
under the agitator youll see a lock nut appox 2-3in, around "locking" the inner basket to the outer basket. although they do sell a spanner wrench to remove this nut, A decent pipewrench and little muscle will get it loose, after that the tub will pull right out. assuming youve taken off the outer tub gasket cover
Posted on Mar 10, 2008
How to replace Whirlpool/Kenmore washer
dual action agitator ratchet ‘dogs’, kit # 285770
Tools needed: Screwdriver, 3/8" drive ratchet wrench, 7/16" socket (older models), 3/8" drive to 1/2" adapter (newer models), long 3/8" drive extension, small amt liquid detergent
1) Pry the agitator cap off by inserting a screwdriver into the cap’s notch
2) Pull the inner cap (if present) off – most Whirlpool machines use this inner cap, with a handle, to gain access to the center bolt
3) Remove the bolt in the center of the agitator
(Earlier models used a 7/16" hex-head steel bolt)
(Recent models use a 1/2" square drive plastic nut – use a 3/8" X 1/2" ratchet adapter)
4) On older models, grasp the bottom portion of the agitator and pull the entire ***’y off.
(Recent models allow just the top portion’s removal to access these ‘dogs’)
5) Older models – place the agitator on the floor, and, standing carefully on the bottom portion, pull the top half off. Turn it over, and the dogs will be accessible for replacement.
6) Newer model dogs can be replaced once the ratchet ***’y is removed. There are several versions currently in use, but most can be replaced without removing the bottom agitator half. All‘4-dog’versions use the 285770 kit, regardless of the cam ***’y style. (Older agitators, rarely seen now, used a pair of 2 larger dogs, which are a different part number)
7) On older versions, be careful to align the two tabs when inserting the upper ***’y back onto the agitator bottom half. When these are aligned, they will friction-fit the two halves together, making it easier to reinstall the ***’y. Handle it only by the bottom half to prevent pulling the top half off when reinstalling.
8) Lightly lubricate the agitator cap’s rubber gasket using a bit of dishwasher detergent, and push it back into place. (On the Whirlpools with an inner cap, lube that cap’s o-ring too – makes it easier to snap into place)
9) Reach around and pat yourself on the back! You just saved at least $75.00!
Posted on Dec 31, 2008
my friend had same problem with his machine. instead he filled it with boiling water and dumped a bottle of no name brand liquid plumber in and let it run through. the smell was fierce but it cleaned it out. this is probably not the smartest or safest way but it is easy. oh one more word VENTILATION!
Posted on Feb 23, 2009
How do you remove the top of a kenmore washing machine? I have a mouse stuck in the lid and can not get the top off.
Posted on Apr 30, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 30, 2015 | Kenmore Washing Machines
Nov 20, 2013 | Kenmore 20722
Apr 07, 2013 | Frigidaire Washing Machines
Aug 20, 2011 | KitchenAid Washing Machines
Dec 26, 2010 | Kenmore Washing Machines
Apr 25, 2010 | Kenmore 24052 Top Load Washer
Jan 11, 2010 | Whirlpool Calypso GVW9959K Top Load Washer
Jan 09, 2010 | Kenmore Washing Machines
Aug 27, 2009 | Washing Machines
46 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: