Question about Gateway Computers & Internet
Can I install idt audio on my 17.3 gateway laptop cuz I have try everything 2 make my laptop louder n it don't seem 2 b working model# is EG70 IS WINDOWS8 thank u plz get back
Laptops aren't supposed to replace your HiFi, just plug in some external speakers.
Posted on Jul 24, 2013
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: no sound
Fisrt go to the bios and ENABLE SOUND CARD
Then UNINSTALL COMPLETLLY AUDIO DRIVERS IF U HAVE INSTALLED and restart the pc.After that go with safe mode and from device menager install driver just from there.Do not run setup...Then restart the pc and run setup...
If it wont work let me know and i will continiuing to help u
sorry for my english its not good:(
Posted on Oct 29, 2007
SOURCE: Drivers for Gateway 4530GZ
ok what you do make sure its a genuine copy then load internet explorer nad go on to windwos update and iff yu dont have a internet connection of any sort on it then go tohttp://support.gateway.com/support/drivers/search.asp?st=pn¶m=4095 this should solve all your problems tht is all the driver s nown to man for that cmputer
Posted on May 24, 2009
SOURCE: Gateway 450rog Audio problem
I have just re-imaged a Gateway 450 ROG for a friend of mine on the website the audio driver is found (http://support.gateway.com/support/drivers/search.asp?st=pn¶m=3501353) under the heading Sound Downloads. This unzips a list of files C:\cabs\9520522
stac97(control panel extension)
stac97 (setup information)
1. From the Start menu, click Control Panel.
2. In Control Panel, click Performance and Maintenance.
3. In Performance and Maintenance, click the System icon.
4. In the System Properties dialog box, click the Hardware tab, and then click Device Manager.
5. In Device Manager, click the plus sign (+) next to Other Devices, and then double-click Multimedia Audio Controller.
6. In the Multimedia Audio Controller Properties dialog box, click the Driver tab, and then click Update Driver.
7. In the Hardware Update Wizard dialog box, click Install from a list or specific location (Advanced), and then click Next.
8. In the next dialog box, click Search for the best driver in these locations, and then click Include this location in the search.
9. In the text box, type: C:\CABS\9520522. Click Next.
10. Click Finish.
Now once installed sound only comes from using the headphone jack, the external speakers get a little sound if the volume is turned up to maximum.
Hope this helps
Orvell Tucker Jr.
Posted on Jul 31, 2009
You can download the drivers for your modelGateway laptop from this WEB site, make sure you select your model laptop andthe correct XP or Vista drivers. Click on this link to download the drivers: -
Posted on Jan 26, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 25, 2014 | Dell Inspiron N5040 Black New
Nov 10, 2011 | Intel DG31PR Motherboard
May 13, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Sep 08, 2010 | Computers & Internet
May 03, 2009 | Dell Studio XPS 16 Notebook
Apr 06, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Mar 27, 2009 | Dell Computers & Internet
Nov 23, 2008 | HP Pavilion dv9000z Notebook
Aug 27, 2008 | Gateway 450ROG Notebook
50 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!