Question about Actiontec GT701C DSL Modem
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Select the model and then download the firmware. Instructions are also included but may vary depending on model.
Posted on Jan 07, 2009
If the DSL light is blinking it means that there is no DSL carrier signal to your modem. Check the phone line and make sure you have no open lines and filters are on all the devices hooked up to your phone system except your modem. You can check for an open line by hooking up a phone to the phone line going into your modem and listen for a dial tone.
Posted on May 07, 2009
Yes this is a normal method to setup a wireless network.
To set-up and secure the wireless router from unauthorized access, follow these steps :-
1. Connect the wireless router to your computer with a LAN cable.
2. Start your browser and enter the router's configuration URL IP address.
3. Enter the router setup, login and password
4. Change the admin password
5. Go to the wireless settings and change the default SSID and turn off SSID broadcast.
6. Setup encryption key the strongest is WPA2 (if not then WPA).
7. For further security measures - turn on MAC address filtering and enter the MAC address of the wireless cards on the computer/s you want to connect to this wireless router.
8. Record the settings you have made and keep it in a safe place and Save the settings.
9. Configure the wireless cards on the computer/s with the SSID and encryption settings of the router.
10. Remove the LAN cable between the router and the computer then the computers should be able to connect to the router.
Posted on Oct 31, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 13, 2012 | Actiontec GT704WG Wireless Router...
Aug 28, 2010 | Actiontec GT704WG Wireless Router...
Nov 03, 2009 | Actiontec (GT704WG) Router
Oct 06, 2009 | Actiontec GT704WG Wireless Router...
Aug 20, 2009 | Actiontec GT701C DSL Modem
Jun 05, 2009 | Actiontec GT701C DSL Modem
Jan 07, 2009 | Actiontec (GS503AD3-01) Modem
Jan 07, 2009 | Actiontec GT704WG Wireless Router...
Oct 29, 2008 | Westell Wirespeed LiteLine 6100...
Apr 28, 2012 | Actiontec GT701C DSL Modem
Mar 29, 2017 | Actiontec GT701C DSL Modem
53 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: