Question about Computers & Internet
Posted by Anonymous on
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: dell vostro 1014 admin password
IF you speak about Windows admin password
You can try these solutions
Try to boot into safe mode by pressing F8, and removing/resetting your password there.
you can try a program like this
Repairing the windows with some tweaks;)
Place your Windows XP CD in your cd-rom and start your computer (it’s assumed here that your XP CD is bootable – as it should be - and that you have your bios set to boot from CD)
2. Keep your eye on the screen messages for booting to your cd Typically, it will be “Press any key to boot from cd”
3. Once you get in, the first screen will indicate that Setup is inspecting your system and loading files.
4. When you get to the Welcome to Setup screen, press ENTER to Setup Windows now
5. The Licensing Agreement comes next - Press F8 to accept it.
6. The next screen is the Setup screen which gives you the option to do a Repair.
It should read something like “If one of the following Windows XP installations is damaged, Setup can try to repair it”
Use the up and down arrow keys to select your XP installation (if you only have one, it should already be selected) and press R to begin the Repair process.
7. Let the Repair run. Setup will now check your disks and then start copying files which can take several minutes.
8. Shortly after the Copying Files stage, you will be required to reboot. (this will happen automatically – you will see a progress bar stating “Your computer will reboot in 15 seconds”
9. During the reboot, do not make the mistake of “pressing any key” to boot from the CD again! Setup will resume automatically with the standard billboard screens and you will notice Installing Windows is highlighted.
10. Keep your eye on the lower left hand side of the screen and when you see the Installing Devices progress bar, press SHIFT + F10. This is the security hole! A command console will now open up giving you the potential for wide access to your system.
11. At the prompt, type NUSRMGR.CPL and press Enter. Voila! You have just gained graphical access to your User Accounts in the Control Panel.
12. Now simply pick the account you need to change and remove or change your password as you prefer. If you want to log on without having to enter your new password, you can type control userpasswords2 at the prompt and choose to log on without being asked for password. After you’ve made your changes close the windows, exit the command box and continue on with the Repair (have your Product key handy).
13. Once the Repair is done, you will be able to log on with your new password (or without a password if you chose not to use one or if you chose not to be asked for a password). Your programs and personalized settings should remain intact.
If your talking about Bios admin pass
You can try these solutions
A program like
Try taking out the CMOS battery for 5 minutes. Reinsert and restart. Enter the BIOS and reset the Time and Date.
Posted on Jan 14, 2010
Make sure that you have the right playback device set as default.
Right click on the speaker icon in the system tray, choose playback device and alter the volume settings there
Posted on Jul 10, 2010
If you wish to FORMAT your hard drive so you can re install the OS.
Put your Windows disc into the CD/DVD drive, boot the computer and press F2 (if that does not work try CTRL+ALT and enter) to enter the bios. Change the boot order to boot from the CD drive first.
Follow the onscreen instructions to Install the OS, you should get the option to delete the existing partitions and then to FORMAT.
Posted on Aug 06, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 06, 2013 | Dell Vostro 1014 Laptop Computer
Aug 18, 2012 | Dell Vostro 1014 Laptop Computer
Jun 12, 2012 | Dell Vostro 1014 Laptop Computer
Sep 08, 2011 | Dell Vostro 1014 Laptop Computer
Jul 22, 2011 | Dell Vostro 1014 Laptop Computer
Mar 24, 2011 | Dell Vostro 1014 Laptop Computer
Feb 25, 2011 | Dell Vostro 1014 Laptop Computer
Aug 21, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Jun 27, 2010 | Dell Vostro 1014 Laptop Computer
58 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!