The unit operated for about 5 minutes initially. 1 hr later i was able to power it on but could not change the settings.turned it off and could not get it to power back on. Removed the fully charged batteries and replaced them. Got a temporary blue screen but still not able to power on.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Dust inside the cd player could be causing problems.
You need to try playing a cleaning cd and follow the instructions that come with it. You can also spray compressed air to clean out the cd portion of the stereo. You can also try unplugging the unit for 20 minutes and then plug it back in. Make sure your cds are clean and not too scratched up. If the unit is under a year old it may still be under warranty. If this does not resolve the issue you may have to have the unit professionally repaired. If the unit is not worth repairing you may need to buy another unit.
n very rare instances, the AVR-5805 internal microprocessor might lock up, or otherwise cause mis-operation. This might be caused due to an AC line surge or line spike noise, or by static electric discharge on or nearby the unit, or to connected components. If the condition cannot be corrected by powering off the unit, including disconnection of the AC cord for a period of ten minutes and subsequent re-connection, then the unit may have to be re-initialized. Doing so will restore the microprocessor to its original out-of-the-box state, with all custom memories and settings erased, and the original factory default settings restored. Only use this procedure if you are sure that the microprocessor requires re-initialization.
1 Switch off the unit using the Main unit's power operation
2 Hold the following STANDARD button and HOME THX
CINEMA button, and turn the Main unit's power operation
3 Check that the entire display is flashing with an interval of
about 1 second, and release your fingers from the 2 buttons
and the microprocessor will be initialized.
If step 3 does not work, start over from step 1.
If the microprocessor has been reset, all the settings are reset
to the default values (the values set upon shipment from the
You may have a problem with the outdoor controller, the indoor controller or both. Power outages can do some strange things to the electronics. Turn the A/C isolator off for five minutes and back on again to be sure the problem is still there. You could also try this:
• To clear memorized error (Protective operation) status
1. Turn power on.
2. Press the AUTO button for 5 seconds (A beep
receiving sound) on the main unit to operate the unit
at Forced Cooling Operation mode.
3. Press the CHECK button on the remote controller for
about 1 second with a pointed object to transmit
signal to main unit. A beep sound is heard from main
unit and the data is cleared.
Check this procedure to solve it: 1. If door latched: A. Disconnect power from unit. B. Check wires and connectors from control to door switch, then from door switch to control. If no damage to wires and all connectors okay, proceed to step C. C. Replace door switch. D. Re-apply power. E. Press and hold any key down for 1 minute to clear F5 failure code from memory. F2 will appear. Press CANCEL and observe for 1 minute to ensure operation is correct.
2. If door not latched: A. Disconnect power from unit. B. Check wires and connectors from control to latch switch, then from latch switch to control. If no damage to wires and all connectors okay, proceed to step C. C. Repeat steps A and B for door switch.
3. Measure door switch (door open = switch open small low voltage terminals). Replace switch if defective. 4. Measure latch switch (unlatch = switch open, CAUTION - oven light contacts are closed). Replace switch if defective. 5. If corrections are made in any step, reconnect power to control. Press and hold any key for 1 minute to clear R failure code from memory. F2 will appear. Press CANCEL and observe for 1 minute to ensure operation is correct. 6. If failure remains, disconnect power and replace control.Here is the control board to order.
The part comes with a 365 day, any part, any reason return policy.
Perform the following steps to resolve the issue.
1. Confirm that the portable player is connected to a working USB port and that it is charging. If necessary, connect it to a different port. When connected properly, the battery icon will be animated or it will indicate the charge status such as FULL when charging is completed. 2. Make sure that you are pressing the POWER button to turn the player on. Previous Walkman models that did not have a power button would turn on by pressing any button. This model must have the power button pressed to turn it on. 3. Ensure that the HOLD function is not activated.
NOTE: For some models, when you use the portable player for the first time, if you have not used it for a long time, or the battery is depleted, it may take up to 5 minutes for it to be recognized or start charging. On models with a display, the display will remain blank. If it the portable player is not recognized or does not begin to charge after waiting 5 minutes, continue with this procedure to reset the unit. 4. If the portable player is still not responding, reset it by pressing the RESET button with a small pin or similar object. Reset button is located near the Strap hole.
NOTE: When the RESET button is pressed, although the unit will retain the music data and clock settings, all other stored data and settings may be deleted. If the unit starts up after the reset, access the Settings menu and initialize the unit using the Format (initialize) function. 5. If there was no change after the player was reset, connect it to the computer and reset it again, leaving it connected.
Thanks for using FixYa.
HI. Kindly shutdown the appropriatecircuit breaker for 5 minutes. This will allow the unit to reset. Once the 5 minutes are up, simply re-introduce power to the unit, and try to initiate a normal cycle. If the errors are still present, after the reset, this will confirm that the Door Lock mechanism has failed. The oven will not allow itself to operate under these circumstances. Once the door lock mechanism is replaced, the unit will return to normal operation status.
Press the System Menu/ Counter Key
Select Service Setting using the up/down cursor key
While pressing the start key and the # key press the enter key
Select maintenance mode using up or down cursor keys
Press enter key
Enter the maintenance item
number U-130 using the up/down keys.
The selected maintenance item is run.
Press the back key.
Press the enter key.
Run another maintenance
Turn power switch off and back on
U130 Initial setting for the developer
Executes toner install operation.
To operate when replacing the process unit.
1. Press the enter key. A selection item appears.
2. Select On using the up/down cursor keys.
3. Press the enter key.
4. Turning the power switch off and back on.
ADDING TONER is displayed and installation of toner starts.
5. After approximately 15 minutes, the installation is completed and the machine becomes ready
.U157 Checking/clearing the developing drive time
Displays the developing drive time for checking or changing a figure.
To enter the developing drive time again after carrying out initialization with U020 and to clear the developing
drive time when replacing process unit.
1. Press the enter key. The developing drive time is displayed in minutes.
2. Change the setting using the left/right cursor keys or numeric keys.
Setting range: 0 to 99999
To clear the developing drive time, set the value to 0.
3. Press the enter key. The value is set.
Press the back key. The indication for selecting a maintenance item No. appears.
I hope this isn't too confusing for you, but this is what has to be done when replacing the Drum Unit (Process Unit Assembly)
Here is the proceedure to replace the lamp and reset the lamp hours.
Lamp Replacement Procedure:
1. Press the POWER button to turn off the power.
2. Wait for about 1 minute until the cooling fan stops.
The lamp cooling fan will continue to operate for about 1
minute after the power is turned off. Do not unplug the AC
Cord from the outlet until the fan has stopped. Avoid
interrupting the power by using circuit breakers or switchable
3. After the cooling fan has stopped, unplug the AC Cord from
Please wait more than one hour before replacing the lamp.
[ Forced cooling function ]
If you need to replace the lamp more urgently:
- The Projection display has a forced cooling feature.
After the POWER button is turned OFF, and during the
first minute of the normal cooling fan operation, press
the VOLUME UP button on the unit and CH UP key on
the remote at the same time for more than 5 seconds.
The cooling fan operates for about 10 minutes. (LAMP
LED will flash 5 times every 5 second and POWER LED
will flash red for 10 minutes.)
4. Remove the Front Cover Unit from the latches.
5. Turn the Knob to the left.
6. Pull the Lamp Cover out.
7. Loosen the Screw on the Lamp. Then, pull the Lamp.
Because the Lamp may still be hot, use caution when
8. Install the new Lamp, and tighten the Screw.
9. Install the Lamp Cover, and turn the Knob to the right.
10. Install the Front Cover Unit.
Lamp Time Reset Procedure:
Be sure to reset the Lamp time to "0" after replacing the new
1. Plug in the AC Cord, and turn on the power by pressing the
2. Press and hold the VOLUME DOWN button on the unit and
the SPLIT key on the remote together for over 5 seconds
in power on condition.
When the reset is finished, the display will indicate that the lamp hrs have been reset to 0 and the LAMP LED goes out.