Question about Washing Machines
The washer stop during rinse cycle, water did not drain
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Roper washer does not drain
Alicia7q : Faulty water pump or restriction in drain line between tub and outlet hose.
arlenekc,: That metal thing is part of the motor. What you have is a leaking water pump.
badwasher,: Check the lid switch. This machine will not spin or drain if the switch is faulty.
Posted on Jan 12, 2008
SOURCE: kenmore washer
No need to remove the back panel on this model. You can access everything by removing the washer cabinet. Here's how:
1. Unplug washing machine.
2. Remove console. This can be accomplished in one of two ways depending on which type of console you have.
a. If the console has removable end caps, the caps lift off by prying on the top from the back of the washer. The cap will pull off towards you as you are facing the unit from the front of the washer. There will be a screw under each end cap that you will need to remove.
b. If the console does not have removable end caps, you will need to slide a putty knife under the front corner of each side and push in while lifting up. There is a retaining clip under each side that has to be released.
3. Once the console has been released it will lift up and fold back over the back of the washer in its resting position. Use care not to stress the small plastic hinges that hold it on. They can break easily.
4. Under the console will be two large brass colored clips. Take a large flat blade screwdriver and place it in the groove of the clip on the washer top. With the screwdriver firmly in the groove, push away from you towards the back of the washer. This will release the clips.
5. Disconnect the lid switch connector plug. This is the white colored plug on the washer top under the console.
NOTE: The washer will NOT operate with the lid switch connector unplugged. If you wish to attempt to test the washer for leaks with the casing removed, you will need to by-pass the lid switch. This can be accomplished by jumpering the two black wires together at the lid switch receptacle. CAUTION: DO NOT attempt to jumper the wires with the washer plugged in! Attach jumper, then plug the washer in.
6. Remove the washer casing. Open the lid of the washer. Using one hand, grip under the front rim of the washer opening. Do not grab the wash tub, just the casing. Tilt the washer case from the back first towards you, slide forward slightly, and then lift up. The entire case comes off exposing the wash tub and components.
Now, you stated your washer leaks during the rinse cycle. Double check all hose connections on the water pump (located directly in front under the wash tub). The pumps have also been known to start leaking along the seams. NOTE: If the pump leaks, it is NOT serviceable and must be replaced. They do not come apart.
To re-install washer case:
1. With the lid of the washer open, place grasp case under front rim and place it on the washer frame. While looking down through the washer lid opening, make sure the front lip of the case is placed UNDER the washer frame and rocked back onto the frame to ensure that the small cleats on the frame fit into the slotted grooves on the washer case base. If you do not get the case seated correctly it will rattle and vibrate while the washer is in operation.
2. Make the back of the washer fits into the washer casing on each side and reinsert the brass clips. Place the clip into the slot on the back of the washer first, and then forcefully push it into the opening on top of the washer. It will snap back into to place.
3. REINSTALL LID SWITCH CONNECTOR. It is easy to forget. If you do not reconnect it, the washer will not work correctly.
4. Reinstall console.
I know it seems like a lot, but it is an easy process if you take your time and follow the steps as written. Let me know if you need further assistance.
Posted on May 12, 2008
When the washer initially fills for the wash, is it only hot water entering the drum? Try switching the water temperature between hot and cold as it fills. If any of them show little or no water getting through, it sounds too easy but check to make sure water supply taps are on, and that the cold/hot fill hoses aren't reversed. Remove the fill hoses and check any of the screen filters for blockage (in the hoses and in the inlet water valve). When the machine stops and waits to fill but all you hear is a hum, it sounds like there is power going to the valve but water is not able to get through it.
Posted on Mar 03, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
May 21, 2012 | Kenmore Washing Machines
The door will remained locked while draining water. If during installation the washer was plugged in and turned on without water hoses attached, the washer may attempt to drain for 8 minutes before the door unlocks. Let the washer run until the door unlocks. Do not turn off the washer or unplug the washer.
Does water remain in the washer after the final spin?
If water remains in the washer after the final spin, then the door will not unlock. Select Drain/Spin or Spin Only to remove any remaining water from the washer. The door should unlock at the end of the cycle. For models that have Rinse/Drain & Spin, push the Extra Rinse button to turn off the rinse to remove excess water.
Is the door locked and the Add A Garment light on?
If the Add A Garment light is on, then the washer door will unlock after the Pause/Cancel button is pressed once. Pressing the Start button will restart the washer at the same point where it left off in the cycle.
Is the door locked and the Add A Garment light off?
If the Add A Garment light is off, then the washer door will unlock after the Pause/Cancel button is pressed twice. The door will not immediately unlock while the cycle is running due to a possible high-water level in the washer, high-water temperature, tumbling or spinning. It may take up to five minutes for the washer to stop spinning and draining before the door will unlock. You will hear the door click when it unlocks.
Trying to gain access into a locked door can be a bit frustrating. Upon researching your question I found some links that may help you unlock your washer door. I attached all links below. I hope this helps!
Jun 10, 2011 | Washing Machines
Jul 16, 2009 | Whirlpool WTW6400SW Top Load Washer
May 07, 2009 | Washing Machines
Feb 23, 2009 | Kenmore Elite 45986 Front Load Washer
Oct 29, 2008 | Kenmore Elite 45986 Front Load Washer
Nov 19, 2007 | Hotpoint Aquarius WMA56 Front Load Washer
109 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!