Question about Compaq Presario SR1703WM PC Desktop
How many disk does it take to recover my pc. I have a set of 10. But when i get to the last one it only at about 50% and asks for an 11th disk that i dont have.
Gilbert,what is your Os that might help.and have you run sfc /scannow when the computer asked discs.
Posted on Jul 21, 2013
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 31, 2011 | HP Pavilion Elite e9220f (NY552AA) PC...
1. Make sure the computer is turned off.
2. If any peripheral devices, except the optional external CD-ROM drive unit
(CE-CD05), are connected to your computer, disconnect them.
3. Turn on the computer.
4. When the message Press <F2> to enter SETUP appears, press F2. The
Setup Utility opens.
5. Insert the Product Recovery CD-ROM disk 1 into the CD-ROM drive.
6. In the Exit menu, select Load Setup Defaults; then, press Enter twice.
7. In Boot Sequence of the Main menu, set CD-ROM Drive to the top of the list;
then, press ESC.
8. In the Exit menu, confirm Exit Saving Changes is highlighted and press
9. Read the message on the screen, and select the operating system which you
had selected for the first time you use the computer; then, press Enter.
You cannot change the operating system from the first choice.
10. Read the message on the screen, and select the way to recover your system;
then, press Enter.
11. Read the message and select Continue; then, press Enter.
12. Read the message and select Continue again; then, press Enter.
13. If you see the message asking you to insert the Product Recovery CD-ROM
disk 2, remove the disk 1 and insert the disk 2; then, press Enter.
14. If you see the message asking you to insert the Product Recovery CD-ROM
disk 3, remove the disk 2 and insert the disk 3; then, press Enter.
15. If you see the message The Operating System has been recovered
successfully, remove the Product Recovery CD-ROM disk 3. The system will
16. When the message Press <F2> to enter SETUP appears, press F2. The
Setup Utility opens.
17. In the Exit menu, select Load Setup Defaults; then, press Enter twice.
18. In the Exit menu, confirm Exit Saving Changes is highlighted and press
Enter twice. The system restarts.
19. Set up Windows, following the instructions on the screen. When you finish
the setup, the recovery is completed.
Jun 02, 2011 | Sharp PC UM20 PC Notebook
Mar 13, 2011 | Toshiba Satellite L305D-S5881 Notebook
Nov 12, 2010 | Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network...
Mar 12, 2010 | Acer Aspire SA80 (ASA80UC4603) PC Desktop
Feb 15, 2010 | HP Pavilion ze2000 Notebook
Aug 04, 2009 | IBM ThinkPad R51 Notebook
Jan 08, 2009 | Sharp Actius RD3D Notebook
Aug 09, 2008 | HP Compaq Presario V2000 Notebook
20 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: