Question about Washing Machines
How do I replace a lid switch for a Whirlpool washer/dryer combo. model #LTE6234DQ4. My machine filled with water then stopped. I'm pretty sure it is the lid switch, which I found, but I have no clue how to replace. Here's a picture from when I unscrewed the lid switch.
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
OBVIOUS REPL LID SWITCH AND SHOULD SOLVE YOURE PROBLEM 100 % MAYBE INSTALLED IN CORRECTLY,, TAKE A LOOK AT YOUR LID MAKE SURE BUMBER IS ON AND NOT TWIKED
Posted on Nov 30, 2008
You can check the lid switches (they are paired) the following way:
1) take off the front and top washer housing panels.
2) look for the wire bundle coming off the lid switch and find the plastic pull apart connector.
3) undo the connector.
4) take an Ohm meter and check the resistance when the lid is closed: a) orange and black wires should complete a circuit, orange and pink should also complete a cicruit, all other pairs shold be "open".
5) check the resistance when the lid is open: orange and white should make a circuit, but no other pairs.
6) replace the defective switch, or replace the complete unit.
7) check the 250V 1A fuse in the left front, replace it if it has blown.
Posted on Dec 15, 2009
SOURCE: My washer fills and doesn't
The fill switch is bad. That's the only "safety" on the washer that will shut the water off after reaching desired depth. To test it, run your machine on the various water levels. For example, start out on the low setting. If the water doesn't shut off after the tub is half full, then it's the fill switch inside the unit next to the tub.
Posted on Sep 13, 2011
Testimonial: "Thanks for the quick response. I will replace it tomorrow and let you know if it works."
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 06, 2013 | Washing Machines
Mar 30, 2013 | Whirlpool LTE5243DQ Combination...
Jan 15, 2013 | Whirlpool Washing Machines
Sep 18, 2011 | Whirlpool Washing Machines
Oct 27, 2009 | Whirlpool LSR5132PQ Top Load Washer
Jul 19, 2009 | Whirlpool LTE6234D Top Load Stacked...
Jun 20, 2009 | Whirlpool LTE5243D Top Load Stacked...
Mar 30, 2009 | Whirlpool LSB6000PQ Top Load Washer
Dec 28, 2008 | Whirlpool LTE5243D Top Load Stacked...
31 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!