Question about Kenmore Washing Machines
Starts normally.. water incoming normally.. but when the water has certain level, it start to "drain"..
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Starting in early 2002, the capacity sizes were changed around a little bit. A normal sized washer now all have the same sized tubs (pretty much) in the 110 series (Whirlpool Manufactured) washers. The capacity is now rated somewhat by the agitator action the washer comes with. Depending on the type of agitator you have, will determine the capacity. King size capacity means you have a pretty good capacity (size wise) than others. You have normal capacity, large capacity, super capacity, king capacity, and I even think they have canyon (yes canyon) capacity. Capacity sizes dont really mean to much though. In order for you clothes to get clean, the must have room in the tub to move. The must be able to float up, then get pulled down by agitator action. That should determine the size of what goes in the washer. Always use same type clothing when doing laundry (i.e. towels with towels, sheets with sheets, etc, this will keep the load balanced better). Watch what you load, comforters are ok (per manufactures ok) but I do not tlike the idea unless its a front loader, and only by itself. Let me know if this helps you out any.
Posted on Jun 01, 2008
The back panel does not come off. You need to remove the outer casing in order to access the internal components. The following steps explain how:
1. Unplug washing machine.
2. Remove console. This can be accomplished in one of two ways depending on which type of console you have.
a. If the console has removable end caps, the caps lift off by prying on the top from the back of the washer. The cap will pull off towards you as you are facing the unit from the front of the washer. There will be a screw under each end cap that you will need to remove.
b. If the console does not have removable end caps, you will need to slide a putty knife under the front corner of each side and push in while lifting up. There is a retaining clip under each side that has to be released.
3. Once the console has been released it will lift up and fold back over the back of the washer in its resting position. Use care not to stress the small plastic hinges that hold it on. They can break easily.
4. Under the console will be two large brass colored clips. Take a large flat blade screwdriver and place it in the groove of the clip on the washer top. With the screwdriver firmly in the groove, push away from you towards the back of the washer. This will release the clips.
5. Disconnect the lid switch connector plug. This is the white colored plug on the washer top under the console.
6. Remove the washer casing. Open the lid of the washer. Using one hand, grip under the front rim of the washer opening. Do not grab the wash tub, just the casing. Tilt the washer case from the back first towards you, slide forward slightly, and then lift up. The entire case comes off exposing the wash tub and components.
With the case removed, you should now have full access to all the internal components and be able to complete a thorough inspection. If the leak is coming from the rear of the washer, check your water inlet valve and associated hoses. Inspect the tub ring where the water dispenses into the wash basket and make sure it is not cracked, or has any loose hoses. If you need assistance in determining where the leak may be coming from, please let me know.
To reassemble the washer, perform the following steps:
1. Re-install washer case. With the lid of the washer open, place grasp case under front rim and place it on the washer frame. While looking down through the washer lid opening, make sure the front lip of the case is placed UNDER the washer frame and rocked back onto the frame to ensure that the small cleats on the frame fit into the slotted grooves on the washer case base. If you do not get the case seated correctly it will rattle and vibrate while the washer is in operation.
2. Make sure the back of the washer fits into the washer casing on each side by leaning over the front of the washer and grasping the back panel and pull towards you. Reinsert the brass clips by placing the clips into the slot on the back of the washer first, and then forcefully push then down into the opening on top of the washer.
3. REINSTALL LID SWITCH CONNECTOR. It is easy to forget. If you do not reconnect it, the washer will not work correctly.
4. Reinstall console.
If you have any questions along the way, please let me know. I hope you find this information helpful.
Posted on May 15, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 02, 2015 | Kenmore HE4t 3.8 Cu. Ft. King Size...
Jun 02, 2014 | Samsung WF433BTGJWR 4.3 cu. ft. King-size...
It is possible that the machine does not start off the cycle because there are errors due to feedback from the inputs. For the program to start up the main program controller must initiate the INLET/MOTOR/DRAIN pump/ valve to open up and allow each function to be driven starting from the flow of water into the drum as also the drain valve to open to exit the water at the point of the program cycle. If this does not happen then the voltage at the valve/motor/pump must be checked or the fault relates to no voltage from the controller. This means the controller is a suspect.
Sep 26, 2012 | Kenmore HE3t 4.0 cu. ft. Front-Load King...
Jun 23, 2011 | Washing Machines
Jan 13, 2011 | Kenmore Dryers
Aug 23, 2010 | Kenmore HE4t 3.8 Cu. Ft. King Size...
Jun 26, 2009 | Kenmore 3.5 cu. ft. King Size Capacity Top...
May 10, 2008 | Kenmore 3.2 cu. ft. Plus Top Load Washer
80 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: