Question about Office Equipment & Supplies
Lamp issues replace it if persistent the light engine need replacement
Posted on Jul 20, 2013
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
First off, How many times does it flash organge before it goes to green?
two: out of paper
three: paper jam
four: Ink has run out
Five: FINE cartridge cannot be found
Seven: FINE Cart. not installed in correct position
Eight: Ink absorber almost full
Count how many times it flashes. Then get back to me
Posted on Feb 17, 2009
Hello there you can try this may work
Turn off the printer.
Press and hold the RESUME button, then press and hold the POWER button.
While still holding the POWER button, Release the RESUME button, then press and release the RESUME button two more times in succession.
The printer mechanics will move momentarily. You are now in Service mode. Release the Power Button.
Pressing the RESUME key will select a function; for example, pressing RESUME 4 times will select the clear waste ink counter function. The lamp will alternate color with each key press.
1. Service/factory test printout, including ink sensor check
2. EEPROM info printout
3. EEPROM initialization
4. Clear the waste-ink counter
5. Printer model setting. (more selections beyond this- leave this alone)
After selecting mode, press the POWER button to commit the change, and return to the top of the function selection menu. Pressing the POWER button again turns off the printer for a restart.
Turn off printer
Hold down Resume button and press Power button.
Keep holding down Power button and let Resume button go.
Press Resume button 2 times then let BOTH buttons go.
Green lights will flash and then stop blinking.
When green lights are solid, press the Resume button 4 times.
Press the Power button and the printer should turn off, if not, press the Power button once more.
Your printer should respond as normal
Please come back and just gave a vote, it will gave me some satisfaction to know am helping some one so I will keep on helping.
All The Best: Pineworks
Posted on Feb 13, 2010
SOURCE: Pixma 4500
12 times is listed an AP position error:
Carefully slide and top covers off to reveal the print head. There is a device that slides back n forth and acts like a window cleaner squeegie on the printhead. This mechanism is probably stuck at its full extention rather than being back at home base. Every time you turn it on and off you should see it try to move but it will seem to be stuck. Give it a little assistance and that should release it. It can get glued up with drying ink. The mechanism that drives the sliding squeegee relies on a spring for it to return and the spring isn't strong, so the whole thing jams up...
which is probably what the code means - jammed mechanism.
Posted on Mar 08, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Waste ink full reset
These are the instructions which worked for me on my Canon pixma mp470:
1) Close the print head cover, and turn off the printer. While pressing the Resume/Cancel button, press the Power button. (Do not release the buttons. The LED lights in green to indicate that a function is selectable.)
2) While holding the Power button, release the Resume/Cancel button. (Do not release the Power button.)
3) While holding the Power button, press the Resume/Cancel button three times, and then release the Power and Resume/Cancel buttons. (Each time the Resume/Cancel button is pressed, the LED lights alternately in either orange or green, starting with orange.) During initialization, the LED blinks in green.
4) When the LED stops blinking and lights in green, press the Resume/Cancel button the 4 times. (Each time the Resume/Cancel button is pressed, the LED lights alternately in either orange or green, starting with orange.)
5) Press the Power button. The LED lights in green, and the
selected function is performed. (When the operation completes, the printer returns to the menu selection mode automatically.)
6) Power off then back on and test.
May 06, 2011 | Canon PIXMA iP1800 InkJet Photo Printer
Jun 27, 2008 | Canon Office Equipment & Supplies
Nov 01, 2010 | Canon PIXMA iP1800 InkJet Photo Printer
Sep 02, 2010 | Canon PIXMA iP1800 InkJet Photo Printer
Jan 26, 2010 | Canon PIXMA iP1800 InkJet Photo Printer
Jan 21, 2010 | Canon i850 InkJet Photo Printer
Nov 27, 2009 | Canon PIXMA iP1800 InkJet Photo Printer
Nov 05, 2009 | Canon PIXMA iP1800 InkJet Photo Printer
Oct 06, 2009 | Canon PIXMA iP1800 InkJet Photo Printer
Feb 05, 2009 | Canon PIXMA iP1800 InkJet Photo Printer
Oct 19, 2017 | The Office Equipment & Supplies
14 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!