Where to fine a owners manual
I own a Maxim Expres machine. I no longer use it nor have the manual, but the following are my recollections.
I have the version with an on/off switch on the front and a separate knob to control the steam nozzle.
- Use the carafe to measure the water, then pour into the tank and replace the screw-on lid.
- Measure coffee into the metal basket (don't remember the proportions of coffee to water - you
have to experiment.)
- I tamped the coffee lightly - not as much pressure as you use with a pump-driven machine.
- Put the basket into the handle, line up the slots and twist the handle to the side to secure (I'm
sure the models vary in this regard). Place the carafe under the drip hole.
- Push the button to "on". For espresso, just wait until it stops dripping. This is a steam-driven
machine - don't expect much or any crema.
- Frothing: If you are going to froth milk, you need to do it WHILE THE COFFEE IS DRIPPING.
-Wait until coffee starts dripping into the carafe (otherwise there is not enough steam pressure)
-Submerge the nozzle tip under the surface of the milk and turn the knob on the steam nozzle.
-After frothing, turn the nozzle to closed and wait for coffee to finish.
-If you wait too long to start frothing, the coffee will finish and you will lose steam pressure.
That's what I remember, hope it helps.
May 25, 2008 |
Coffee Makers & Espresso Machines