Question about Computers & Internet
I have been trying to port forward age of empires 3 to get the online to work. I went into my router on the web browser by typing the default gateway. Went in and added port 80 to the port forwarding section. Saved/applied it. Then all of a sudden nothing works. I cant go into the router on oogle crhome or internet explorer plz help!
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get 2 Free calls (no credit card required) and instant help on almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, appliances, handyman, and even pets).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
DMZ is a feature that is included on some routers but is not in Internet sharing software. A DMZ allows a single computer on your LAN to expose ALL of its ports to the Internet. When doing this, the exposed computer is no longer ?behind? the firewall. Port Forwarding vs DMZ A DMZ is far easier to set up than port forwarding but exposes your entire computer to the Internet. Sometimes TCP/IP applications require very specialized IP configurations that are difficult to set up or are not supported by your router. In this case, placing your computer in the DMZ is the only way to get the application working. Placing a computer in the DMZ should be considered ?temporary? because your firewall is no longer able to provide any security to it.
Posted on Oct 04, 2007
First you must make sure that the Ip address 192.168.2.1 is your routers ip address.
Click on Start, Run, type cmd, then click OK. Type ipconfig /all and hit the enter key. You are looking for the Default Gateway address. Use that address in your web browser. When you set up your static Ip address on your computer, use the first three numbers of your default gateway's address, then for the fourth number, add one. For example. If your default gateway address is 192.168.2.1, then your static ip address should be 192.168.2.2.
Try this and let me know what happens.
Posted on May 31, 2008
Anti Hacker -> Settings -> Enable Firewall -> Low Security -> Settings ->
Rules For Applications -> Add -> Torrent
Edit Rules -> Add -> Rule Name -> utorrent
Properties -> Remote port (selected)
properties -> Local Port (selected)
Rule description -> Remote Port - >(enter the port) -> DEPENDS YOUR CONFIG
Rule description -> Local Port - >(enter the port) -> DEPENDS YOUR CONFIG
Allow Inbound and Outbound TCP connection, where :
Remote Port: DEPENDS YOUR CONFIG
Local Port : DEPENDS YOUR CONFIG
Posted on May 25, 2009
SOURCE: cannot forward my port
A. Determining the IP Address and MAC Address of a Computer:
Note: Please use the computer for which the Ports are to be opened:
For Windows 2000/XP users:
1. Please click on Start and select Run.
2. Type in cmd and click on OK.
3. In the Command Prompt, please type ipconfig/all then press Enter or Return key.
4. Please make sure that the Ethernet adapter has an IP Address that is the same range as the router (e.g. 192.168.1.2 for the computer and 192.168.1.1 for the router).
5. Please note down the IP address and Physical address.
B. Reserving an IP Address:
1. Please open any web browser like Internet Explorer or Netscape Navigator.
2. Connect to the router by typing http://routerlogin.com/basicsetting.htm or http://192.168.1.1 in the address field and click Enter or Return key.
3. A window will prompt for a user name and password. The default username is "admin" and the default password is "password".
Note: If it does not take password as the password, you might have changed it when you have run the NETGEAR Setup CD so please try other passwords. If you cannot remember the password, you need to reset the router and run the Setup CD to reconfigure it.
4. When the setup page opens, click on LAN IP Setup under Advanced tab.
5. Click on Add under Address Reservation.
6. Under Address Reservation window, please select the radio button of the computer you wish to add from the Address Reservation Table.
7. If the computer you want is not on the list, please click on the Refresh button to update the table.
8. If the computer is still not on the Address Reservation Table, please type in the IP Address, MAC Address (Physical Address), and Device Name of the computer you wish to add.
9. Click the Add button when done.
C. Opening Pre-Defined Ports for Internet Services:
1. Click on the option with the name Port Forwarding/Port Triggering under the Advanced menu.
2. Please select the service type Port Forwarding. The router pre-defined services are listed there.
3. From the Service Name pull down list, select the service that needs to be hosted.
4. Enter the IP address of the computer in the Server IP Address box.
5. Click the Add or Apply button.
6. Repeat all steps to open more ports.
Note: If the name of the Internet service does not appear in the drop down list, you may manually open the ports for that Internet service. Please follow the steps below:
D. Opening Ports for Games, Applications or Custom Ports:
1. Click on Add Custom Service button.
2. Type the service name in the Service Name box and the lower range numbers in the Starting Port box.
3. If the application uses only a single port; type in the same port number in the Ending Port box.
4. If the application uses a range of ports; type in the higher range numbers in the Ending Port box.
5. Type the IP address of the computer in the Server IP Address box. Click Apply button.
6. It will then refresh to the Port Forwarding page, and will show the list of all ports opened in tabulation.
7. Repeat all steps to add more ports for more services.
E. To Edit or Delete a Service Entry:
1. Click on the Radio Button that needs to be Edited /Deleted, under the Port Forwarding page.
2. Modify the information from the Service Name, Starting Port, Ending Port, and the Server IP Address, and then click the Apply button.
Posted on May 28, 2009
SOURCE: I am trying to open
If you have ports in your router , even it it shows that the port is closed in http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/ if the application for which you have forwarded the ports works then no issue with that. If it doesn't work then we need to know who is your internet service provider , because its is a DSL connection which works in the Dynamic configuration then its obvious the port will not be forwarded beacuse of double NAT. Inorder to fix this you have to bridge the DSL modem .
Thanks & Regards,
Posted on Jan 06, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 03, 2013 | D-Link DIR-300 Wireless Router
on Jan 05, 2010 | Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router
Oct 14, 2012 | Microsoft Age of Empires III - The War...
Mar 14, 2011 | Microsoft Age of Empires III: The Asian...
Sep 03, 2010 | Microsoft Age of Empires III for Windows
Apr 19, 2010 | Linksys Wireless-G WRTSL54GS Router
Dec 21, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Sep 29, 2009 | Microsoft Age of Empires III for Windows
Mar 29, 2017 | Microsoft Age Of Empires II: Conqueror 2.0...
27 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!