Question about Sharp R-1610 Microwave Oven
I was heating a casserole warmer gel pack yesterday morning. It said to have it in the microwave for 2 to 3 minutes. I set it for 3 minutes, took the trash out and when I came back in the gel pack had expanded to a huge bubble and looked like a jiffy pop popcorn item. The metal tray had been lifted off the holders and pushed the tray to the top of the microwave. I took the gel pack out, and the fan continued to run. When I got home last night the fan was still running and is as loud as a vacuum cleaner. I could not get it to shut off. Opening the door and closing didn't make any difference. The light remains on as the fan loudly blows. It now has been running for 24 hours straight. Is there a way on the control panel of the microwave to reset this? Or is my only option to go the service breaker and find the fuse? Is this a dangerous situation? Rose
Buffalo was pretty close, but glad the reset worked.
Posted on Sep 01, 2007
THE FAN AND MICROWAVE TUBE RUN OFF THE ELECTRONIC TIMER. OPENING THE DOOR SHOULD SHUT IT ALL DOWN AND WHEN YOU CLOSE THE DOOR AGAIN YOU SHOULD NEED TO PRESS THE START BUTTON AGAIN. IF NOT, ITS SOUNDS LIKE AN ELECTRONIC RELAY IS LOCKED CLOSED ON THE TIMER BOARD.
Posted on Aug 30, 2007
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 23, 2011 | Samsung SMH9187 Microwave Oven
Apr 01, 2010 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven
Dec 22, 2009 | Roper MHE14XKB Microwave Oven
Oct 07, 2008 | Roper MHE14XKB Microwave Oven
158 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!