Hi! Just a few minutes ago, I received a regular SMS message. As I was about to read it, I couldn't open the message. I tried opening other messages as well in my inbox, sent and draft folders but to no avail. Thinking the latest message was the problem, I deleted it. I also tried turning off my phone 3x and removing the memory card (as my messages are all installed in there) and the battery as well. None of these work. I'm short of resetting the phone to its factory settings however, I worry that this will delete a program that Nokia Center installed a year ago (SMS Accelerator) which cured a problem I had with my phone. Unfortunately, I also couldnt transfer the program to the memory card. Any opinions as to what happened? Any suggestions about what I can do?
Thanks very much in advance!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Depending on your notification settings, the phone plays a ringtone, vibrates, or displays the message briefly in the status bar when you receive a new message. A new message icon is also displayed in the status bar. To open and read the message, you can:
Slide open the Notifications panel. Then tap the new message.
Open the Messages application to access and read the message.
Its very simple, This trick is for mobiles, you can restore sms messages that you have deleted in the recent past. you can get your sms messages back to your inbox by following a small trick that I found. Trick to read deleted sms. This sms trick is 100% working.
You will need File Explorer in your mobile phone. (Download from here)
Procedure to restore sms
• Open File explorer in your mobile.
• Select drive C: or D: depending on the memory in which the Sms messages have been saved.
• For example you selected c:, Then open "system" folder.
• Then in "system" folder open "mail" folder.
• Then in this folder you will see different folders (eg 0010001_s) and certain files (eg 00100000). These files are the actual messages. Browse through every folder and open all files till u get the sms u are looking for.
• For opening the files don't choose options>file>open as it will show format not supported rather choose options>file>hex/text viewer. By selecting the "http://gallery.mobile9.com/f/13774/?vie… u ll be able to open and read the deleted SMS message.
Please leave me comment, if you need further assistance
good luck with your fix,,, have a nice day,,
A VERY HELPFUL RATING IS APPRECIATED, Thanks Regards Arul
Usually with my verizon it tells me that I have to access the sms or mms online at their website. I don't get those on this phone. Check with your provider to see if that model phone does not carry that access. I say this cause my wife has the same service but a different kind of phone and she receives these and I can not.