Question about Cell Phones
Registerd No. ER0049896/10 Dealer No. DA0049891/10 WFI.BT HOW:22736-002 Rev: Ver2, 1311
Posted by Anonymous on
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
The issue you describe appears to be corruption of one or more system files within the BlackBerry OS. A forced update should restore your BB to working condition, but there is the risk that you may lose your data. If that is a problem, do not proceed.
If you wish to restore the BB, please continue below after verifying that you have the following:
A. Computer (Windows) B. BlackBerryDesktop Managersoftware (BlackBerry.com) C. Latest version of the BlackBerry OS for your make/model BB
To get the OS, simply logon to your carriers website and download the latest version of the OS for your BB. Once the file is saved to your computer, you need to install the setup files just like you would anyother program. When completed, proceed to step #1.
1. Open BB Desktop Manager 2. Remove the battery cover, battery and microSD card (if you have one) from your BlackBerry. 3. Connect the BB to your computer via USB cable (without the battery in place, just the phone's shell). 4. There should be a few drivers that will load automatically and the BB Desktop Manager will recognize your BB. 5. Close the BB Desktop Manager once it has been detected. 6. Go to the following path. C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader 7. Double-click the "AppLoader.exe" application 8. Once it loads, the application will detect your BB and proceed to update your BlackBerry's OS. 9. If you are prompted to backup your BB data, please do so. If not, then proceed to step #10. 10. Select wipe (or secure wipe) to completely remove the existing OS and data.
A fresh, updated version of the BlackBerry OS will be installed on your BB. The process takes about 35-90 mins to complete. Once done, the BB will automatically reboot and if you had an existing backup or created one before wiping/installing, you can now reopen the BB Desktop Manager and restore your backup to the BB.
Posted on Aug 11, 2010
just re install the blackberry operatind system software into ur fon from ur computer................and go on ....................or u can take off the battery and put it into again and press the return key when the red light goes off and till ur cell completly opens dont leave the return key..............it opens ur cell in safemode and u can deal with the error in safe mode
Posted on Aug 26, 2010
1. Install the software Desktop Manager
2. Delete or rename the vendor.xml file, here: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
3. Open Desktop Manager
4. Connect Curve 8520
5. Doing this will force the pc to see the BlackBerry as new hardware, and thus force it to reload the Operating System
6. During the process, select YES to do a backup
7. The whole process should take about 1 hour
Posted on Sep 17, 2010
Thanks for visiting FixYa!
You may be able to solve the problem you're having with your phone yourself. There is an amateur video on YouTube that shows the procedure. Although the video was made by a kid, it has some good information. (See below)
The problem is usually caused by an application that has become unstable and needs to be removed. To do this properly, you're going to need to reinstall the firmware on your phone. This may take up to 45 minutes. Important: Make sure your battery is FULLY CHARGED before beginning the procedure. And, DO NOT unplug your phone or turn it off during the reinstall.
You'll also need the Blackberry Desktop Manager if you don't already have the software on your computer.
PC Download: http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/desktop/system_requirements.jsp
Mac Download: http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/desktop/desktop_mac.jsp
Posted on Feb 24, 2011
Testimonial: "perfect steps for solution of OS"
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 12, 2012 | Computers & Internet
Sep 20, 2012 | Samsung Galaxy Y Gt-s5360 - Black unlocked...
Apr 12, 2010 | Cell Phones
Oct 28, 2009 | HP Computers & Internet
Oct 07, 2009 | Nintendo DS Console
Mar 30, 2009 | Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Edition
Jun 20, 2018 | Huawei Cell Phones
64 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!