Question about Televison & Video
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
YOU LIVE IN A BAD RECEPTION AREA WHERE DIGITAL IS NOT WORKING WELL......
LOOKS LIKE U HAVE TO SWITCH TO ANALOG.....
UNTIL THIS PROBLEM IS SOLVED IN UR AREA.....
Posted on Nov 20, 2009
That symptom may cause by the main board or t-con board, I suggest you do software up grade first.
Posted on May 07, 2010
I see so many here with no sound/nopicture issues:
1. IF sound main fuse/s are good.
2. If no power or standby check main fuse, standby power supply and any signsof damage you can see---burnt parts etc.
3. almost all these sets the troubleshooting involves checking voltages on the main power board to narrow down theproblem.
4. Be safe and if you do not know what you are doing don't open the set.
Answers to issues:
1. RE:fuses---if a blown fuse is found get a good replacement(not the genericones like Radio Shack). Many fuses are special even aside from amperage--Don'tput a higher rated amperage fuse in the set for any reason.
2. RE: power supply in set: if total dead aside from main fuse the set uses astandby power supply that runs 7/24 and a main supply (some are combined andsome not.
Here aside from checking fuses you want to examine all the filter caps on thepower/standby to see if any are puffed up or buldged up in some fashion--Iattach a photo of a good one---top should be silver metal and PERFECTLY flatand have no brown material coming out on top or bottom.
What happens in the standby area is they use caps with too low a voltage rating(saves money) which causes them to fail in a year or two---the standby runs7/24 and the heat dries out the caps and they fail.
3. Trouble shooting consists of the above and then at some point you have to buyand try a board to see if it fixes it or not.
4. Safety first--no TV set is worth getting injured or even killed over.If set is opened at least look for puffed up and bad caps like in thisphoto.
Posted on Jun 08, 2012
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 15, 2015 | Sony Remote Control Originally Supplied...
Jan 10, 2015 | Sony KDL40EX520 Bravia KDL-40EX520 40 Inch...
Sep 07, 2014 | Sony Bravia KDL-37M4000 37 in. LCD HDTV
Dec 14, 2012 | Sony KDL52NX800 52 in. TV
Jul 22, 2012 | Sony BRAVIA KDL-46W4100 46 in. LCD HDTV
Jul 06, 2017 | Televison & Video
Jan 15, 2010 | Sony KDL 46V5100 46 in. LCD HDTV
Oct 23, 2009 | Sony BRAVIA KDL-40S2010 40 in. LCD...
114 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!