Question about Frigidaire 24 in. PLD2850 Built-in Dishwasher
Hello Ben - I understand your dishwasher has power but will
not fill with water. Here are a few simple
troubleshooting tips that may help you resolve this issue:
• Make sure water supply is turned on. (First check for shut off valve under the kitchen sink)
• Check the house circuit breaker or fuse box, reset circuit breaker or replace fuse.
• Verify the inlet hose and make sure it's not twisted.
• Does float overfill protector (mushroom shaped object in tub) move freely? This is located in the bottom left front corner of the dishwasher.
• Make sure the electrical wires going to the water inlet valve have not come off. It is best to turn off power to the dishwasher before reconnect wires, it doesn't matter which terminal is off both need to be connected.
• Confirm that the drain hose is installed correctly. If the drain hose is routed under the floor as the dishwasher fills water can be drawn from the tub and appear to have never filled.
• Some dishwashers use a water pressure switch that will shut off the water valve if the tub over fills.
If these assessment measures prove to be ineffective, I would strongly suggest contacting an authorized service technician who would be better able to assist you in the diagnosis and repair of your unit. You can often locate an experienced technician in your area by going to the manufacturer website.
Posted on Jul 16, 2013
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
see this causes and fix it. God bless you
If there's no water entering your dishwasher, check these:Water-inlet valveFloat switchWater-inlet valveThe water-inlet valve lets water enter the machine. If this valve is defective, you need to completely replace it. It's usually located behind the lower access panel on the left or right side. It's the device with the main water line (usually copper) from the house, a rubber tube to the dishwasher, and two wires attached to it.Float switchThe float switch is a small electrical switch that's located right below the dishwasher "floor." Above the switch, on the inside of the dishwasher, is a plastic cylinder that floats up as water fills the dishwasher. If this switch is defective, or if the plastic float gets caught or trapped in the raised position, the water can't enter the dishwasher. If the float switch is defective, you need to replace it. To determine if the float switch has failed, watch the part testing video at the bottom of this page.
Posted on Sep 25, 2012
Contact a professional technician to see if the spray loaded action needs to be replaced with a new cup area.
Posted on Aug 14, 2012
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 24, 2014 | Dishwashers
on Sep 08, 2015 | Dishwashers
Jul 21, 2012 | Dishwashers
Jun 14, 2012 | 2000 Jeep Wrangler
May 09, 2012 | Maytag Dishwashers
Feb 21, 2012 | Beko 24 in. D3421F Free-standing...
Aug 20, 2011 | Kenmore 24 in. 17269 Built-in Dishwasher
Jun 04, 2011 | Dishwashers
236 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: