Question about Brother MFC-8460N All-In-One Printer
After sending a fax it started flashing please wait. Turned it off, unplugged it , will not clear the error message.
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Press menu then start mono (b/w) then 4x arrow-up-button. Machine will be in maintenance-mode: What error code does the display show off?
Posted on Sep 24, 2007
SOURCE: fax memory
Posted on Dec 18, 2007
I had the same problem with a Brother MFC-8460 and called Brother's support line. The solution that worked for me was to lift the top cover where the sheets of paper go through when you fax. On the right of the black rectangluar piece with grey roller there is a slot in the tray with a black lever inside. The black piece was stuck down inside the slot and had to be popped back out. Once it was out I hit the stop button and it was fixed!!
Posted on Apr 24, 2008
SOURCE: Error message 50
Confirm Success on a 440CN
1) Remove Plastic wire covers from inside printers, and release plastic stay on lower edge, tilt cover to 90 Degrees
2) make a note of where each connector goes
3) release the Ribbon and 3 Multicore cables, removing grounding screw, then remove scanner module by sliding it off the hinges at 90 degrees.
4) Remove Three Front Panel Screws, carefully leaver front panel upwards releasing front side clips.
5) Remove front panel by disconnecting ribbon and wireing on both sides.
6) Remove 6 Screws (2 on back, three at front and one middle right
7) Carefully remove speaker cable (Red Connector) and lift up plastic casing, leaving printer uncovered.
8) Re-Seat Encoder Strip into guide. (The Transparent strip)
9) Re-assemble in reverse and Hey Presto.
All Cured. Hopefully!
Posted on Aug 04, 2008
Get a new phone wire. Put a phone on the line and listen for static. Too many phones on one line will cause problems. If the phone line is going thru a surge protector, check the quality of the sound with it and without it, it may be damaged. Keep power wires away from phone wires, they cause static.
Posted on Apr 26, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
<Fax sending or copy operation in
Do one of the following:
- Press [Start] key to send or copy the
- Press [Stop/Exit] key and wait until
the other operations in progress finish
and then try again.
- Clear the data from the memory.
<Printing operation in process>
Do one of the following:
- Reduce print resolution.
- Clear the faxes from the memory.
Apr 02, 2014 | Brother MFC 8950DW
Nov 20, 2011 | Brother MFC-8220 Fax
Aug 27, 2011 | LG BD390 Blu-Ray Player
Jun 29, 2011 | Brother MFC 7420 All-In-One Laser Printer
May 05, 2010 | Brother MFC 490cw Color Inkjet...
Sep 16, 2008 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Sep 08, 2008 | Panasonic PanaFax UF-8000 Laser Fax
Jun 12, 2008 | Brother MFC 420CN All-In-One InkJet...
Sep 06, 2007 | Brother MFC-5840CN All-In-One InkJet...
146 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!