Question about LG LMV1650ST Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Fan? Our mw was working fine until one day it made some sounds (my wife can't describe) and it started smoking. Now it works but it sound like the inside fan is not working, and we are afraid to use it for more that 2 minutes or so. Can you help us.

Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 20 achievements.


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • LG Master
  • 8,795 Answers
Re: Fan?

It may be that the high-voltage transformer or magnetron has failed and is loading down the voltage. The presence of smoke usually indicates a bad transformer.


I would try a toaster or toaster oven in that outlet to see if it works right. That's a good line load test.


If you don't feel good air flow, it can overheat and ruin the magnetron.


If you or a friend decide to work on it, we have *critical* safety, disassembly, and troubleshooting info at our site, which is linked at our listing here on FixYa:

Posted on Oct 12, 2007

Add Your Answer

0 characters

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add


3 Points

Related Questions:

1 Answer

My new GE over the range microwave works fine but has a loud buzzing/humming noise when in use

This sound you describe is not normal and should be checked quickly, even if it means returning the item.

Mar 27, 2012 | GE SpaceMaker Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

My LG microwave Model No MG555F made a loud explossive sound while warming rice gruel and continued to work normally; the incident repeated while I was warming fried fish; the machine continued to wor

The sound you heard was an internal ARC/Short in the Magnetron which creates the microwaves, This is an imminent sign of complete failure, Due to the decrease in prices of new microwaves it is no longer economical to repair them so start looking for a good special on microwaves.

Mar 04, 2012 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Wife was cooking food, she says she heard a big pow and saw a blue light in the MW. Now everytime we turn it on it jumps the breaker. Everything else works fine.

It sounds like the Magnetron that produces the microwave energy that heats the food has failed and shorted out which is triggering the Circuit Breaker due to the overload. You could try taking it to a repair shop, but with the cost of labour and parts these days, it is probably more economical to buy a new oven especially if it more than 5 Yrs old..

Feb 26, 2011 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Whirlpool MH3184XP Microwave Turns On, Heats, but sounds like fans not working. 4 years old, fans worked fine until they seem not as loud anymore. The magnetron is working fine as it heats (did the 1 cup...

Suggest you pull the plug out, remove outer cover and place a cup of water into the micro. Set power to minimum then switch on and take note if the fan works or not. If not, switch off immediately and have it replaced(magnatron will burn out if left to run without fan.)

Sep 18, 2010 | Whirlpool MH3184XP Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Although all systems seem to function,(fans lights clock,grill etc.) it does not heat on the MW mode. My wife turned it on thinking it was full when it was empty and heard a Sparking sound. Model WM...

If there is no heat but all other functions work, then the magnatron is likely faulty. The magnatorn provides the heat. You can get one at or

Dec 07, 2009 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Dacor DMT2420s when started makes a loud buzzing sound

The fan could have an obstuction. I have heard of tech sheets getting into the fan and causing a vibration and vibrating sound.

May 12, 2009 | Dacor DMT2420SS Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Everything works except the cooking part/no heating/turntable not turning, help!

you may have gotten a power surge and that can cause some funny things to happen, 1st is there power to the oven, 2nd if so there may be an internal fuse protector built in to the oven, check with the manual for anything of that sort listed. if not you may have to take it in and have it repaired by a pro. there is a lot of voltage in these ovens and unless you know what you are doing a person could get hurt

Jan 03, 2009 | Whirlpool GH4155XP Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Fan & Turntable start when door is opened.

sounds like there is a switch that is bad. you can go buy a new MW for about 200$ and in yours if there is a major problem then i would just go buy a new one but might be worth a repair man to come check it out

pleas do not poke around in the microwave as it carries a charge of 5000volts and can kill you even if not plugged in DON'T TOUCH THE WIRES WITH BRAIDS ON THE OUT SIDE if you must get inside of the unit

Dec 10, 2008 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Panasonic MW- Arcing

You're on the right track. That panel is the waveguide cover.

This is usually due to grease or food particles stuck to the inside of the oven or stuck on or behind the waveguide cover in the waveguide just out of sight.

It can be fragile, and the metal edges behind it can be sharp, so be careful!

The cover and the metal behind it should be cleaned with a mild, non-ammonia cleaner.

If the cavity metal of the oven is chipped or charred, it will have to be sanded smmoth and clean.

Then you can apply some high-temperature appliance paint, available from places like Wal-Mart or Lowe's.

If your waveguide cover is burned, it will need to be replaced.

To order Panasonic parts see

Nov 07, 2007 | Panasonic NN-T990SA Microwave Oven

Not finding what you are looking for?
LG LMV1650ST Microwave Oven Logo

Related Topics:

104 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top LG Microwave Ovens Experts

William Miller
William Miller

Level 3 Expert

8795 Answers

Donald DCruz
Donald DCruz

Level 3 Expert

17129 Answers


Level 3 Expert

6993 Answers

Are you a LG Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides