Brother DPC- 115C
It sounds like you need to update the head property...that's usually what the maintenance 7X is. These are some complicated instructions. Try to go through them and post back with a detailed description of where you get stuck (sorry, I don't have the graphics except via email) :
[ 2 ] To Update the head property information stored in the EEPROM on the main PCB:
For the MFC210C U.S.A./Canadian models, skip steps (1) through (3) below.
(1) Make sure that the machine's power cord is unplugged from an electrical outlet.
If the machine is connected to a PC, unplug the USB cable.
(2) Switch on the PC.
(3) Plug the machine's power cord into an electrical outlet.
(4) Press the Menu/Set and Black Start (Mono Start) keys. Next press the key four times to
make the machine enter the maintenance mode.
TIP: Models equipped with numerical keypads can enter the maintenance mode in the same
way as conventional models; that is, by pressing the Menu/Set, *, 2, 8, 6 and 4 keys in this
(5) Connect the machine to the PC using the USB cable.
(6) On the PC, run the ID/head property setup utility (BrUsbsn.exe) in the folder created. The
following window appears.
(7) On the Model menu, click BH3.
(8) In Port, select the port number assigned to the BHL2-Maintenance Printer.
To confirm the port number, follow the instructions below.
Click Start | Settings | Printers.
The Printers window appears as shown below.
Right-click the BHL2-Maintenance Printer icon.
The BHL2-Maintenance Printer Properties window appears as shown below.
Click the Ports tab.
The port number assigned to the Brother BHL2-Maitenance Printer, USB010 in this example,
is one that has been selected in Port on the BrUsbSn screen (page 6-8).
(9) In the Head Info. box on the BrUsbSn screen (page 6-8), type 12 digits (e.g., 776601D00009)
out of the 13-digit property code (enclosed with asterisks, e.g., *J776601D00009*) which is
printed on the bar code label attached to the head/carriage unit. Click the OK button.
(10) To check that the entered head property is correct (using Function code 68 in Chapter 8,
MFC620CN/425CN/420CN/410CN/215C/210C and FAX2440C
Press the 6 and 8 keys in this order. Then press the 2, 5, 8, 0 keys in this order.
Enter 6, 8, 2, 5, 8, and 0 by using the and Set keys.*
(*To enter a numerical code on models having no numerical keypad, press the key several times to
display the numerical code to be entered and then press the Set key. Repeat this operation for each
The LCD shows the current head property information (12-digit code) stored in the EEPROM
on the main PCB.
(11) Check that the character string entered in step (9) is displayed in "XXXXXXXXXXXX."
If it is OK, press the Stop/Exit key.
If something other than that is displayed in XXXXXXXXXXXX, check the connection
between the PC and machine and go back to step (6).
Nov 03, 2007 |
Brother DCP-110C All-In-One InkJet Printer