Kia ora, i have a makita 2 stroke grass cutter, that just wont start, checked, spark plug, fuel, took it apart and cleaned it..still wont start. Please help, it does not have model number only product...
Engines need 4 things: Spark, compression, fuel, exhaust
1) Does spark plug have spark?
Take out plug, put plug wire back on plug, hold plug threads against metal part of engine, pull cord, do you see spark between plug and engine?
2) While spark plug is out, put finger over hole and pull cord. Do you feel suction that shows compression?
3) What about the exhaust port? Is the screen blocked with carbon deposits and dirt? Soak it in WD-40.
4) Do you have 2-cycle oil in gasoline? Do you have fresh gas? Did you leave gasoline in tank for several months? Is the carburetor clogged with gum?
5) What about the air filter? Does it fire up without air filter? Will it fire if you spray WD-40 into carburetor? Can you keep it going while spraying WD-40 into carburetor?
If it fires with WD-40 but won't keep going on it's own, then the gas is not getting to carburetor or carburetor is clogged with gum.
Oct 08, 2010 |