I've just cancelled a drying cycle after about 2 minutes then when I opened the door, a small amount of smoke came out of the drum. Is this just some moisture on the heating elements or could it be something more serious?
Any advice is greatly appreciated.
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones). click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Good luck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The problem of residual water in front load washers is an on going problem. Some companies had put in a small drain hose in their units to alleviate the problem. Your washer is actually built by Whirlpool. There is no available auxiliary drain for these models. These are the suggested solutions to alleviate for your particular machine.
1. Leave the door open after wash completed. This will help to evaporate the residual water. If in an area where the door cannot be left fully open then place a towel over the top of the door to keep it from closing and that will help by keeping the door open a small amount.
2. To alleviate odor, pour one cup of bleach in the drum... DO NOT PUT ANY CLOTHES IN THE MACHINE! Put the washer through a wash cycle... some models had a clean cycle if your has this then use this cycle. Once this has completed remember to do a white load following this procedure to assure that if there is any bleach residual then it wont cause problems with colors.
3. Dry the door seal after each use... this will eliminate mold from developing on the door seal. If you see mold then use a bathroom cleanser for mold removal to clean the seal... DO NOT USE A SOLUTION OF VINEGAR... THIS COULD DRY OUT THE SEAL CAUSING IT TO CRACK THUS REQUIRING REPLACEMENT.
FYI: The Maytag Company went bankrupt sometime ago, the name Maytag wash purchased by Whirlpool and appears on products to secure the business of faithful Maytag users...
With the dishwasher door closed and the unit in standby mode or with no cycle selected and all lights off, press - heated-dry, normal, heated-dry, normal buttons in that sequence. Then press cancel..... wait until 2 minute cycle is done. Open and close the door and make sure it is closed. Then run another cycle.
As an example on a kitchenaid dishwasher when the clean light flashes 7 times this is a control error that be corrected you would press Hi Temp Scrub, Energy Saver Dry, Hi Temp Scrub, Energy Saver Dry with the door open and then close the door and press cancel. If your unit were a whirlpool dishwasher you can press hi temp heated dry hi temp heated dry with the door open which does end up lighting all the led's and when you shut the door makes the unit cycle into the wash stage. after you hear the unit letting water into it listen for the wash cycle to start and then press cancel. After the unit drains then you can set your unit to wash again. I will await your reply as to what type of unit you have before continueing on with a exact solution for your unit. Thanks Rick
1. Break your load down into smaller groups. Large, saturated blankets, duvets, blankets and other upholstery can be too heavy for the MDE9700AYW to safely dry. Dry large large items one at a time with some smaller items such socks and underwear to better balance the load. One washer load should equal one dryer load. 2. Confirm that the cycle selector has been pushed down and the dryer door is latched shut. When the dryer door is opened, the cycle is temporarily paused to protect you from injury. Press the cycle selector down to resume the drying cycle once the door has clicked closed. 3. Examine the circuit breakers or fuses in the dryer's electrical circuit. The Maytag MDE9700AYW needs two active fuses or breakers, depending on your home, to operate its electronics and spin the drum. The dryer may not spin if either one of the fuses or breakers is inactive.
Thanks for using FixYa. If the clean light flashes, pauses, and then repeats. When the dishwasher doesn't sense a water temperature increase, it stops working and locks the functions (clean light flashes, all buttons are non responsive). It does this as a safety in case the element is broken and feeding electrical current into the water.
To resolve this you will have to reset the console. Do this by closing the door and press these buttons in sequence... -high temp wash -heated dry -high temp wash -heated dry
Please do rate the solution if the issue is resolved or post a comment for further assistance.
To solve this you will have to reset the console. Do this by closing the door and press these buttons in sequence
-high temp wash
-high temp wash
After doing this sequence all the lights will turn on briefly and the machine will start a diagnostic cycle. You can press cancel or let the diagnostic cycle finish (1-2 minutes).You should now be able to run the dishwasher as normal.
Ok try this, open the door and then hit these buttons in the following combination. HI TEMP - DRY - HI TEMP - DRY...then close door and press cancel...then wait for the pump to shut down. you should be able to run a cycle after this...If this fails to fix the problem give me the make and model # of the dishwasher, this can normally be found just inside the door.