Question about Frigidaire FRT17B3A Top Freezer Refrigerator
The top freezer is blowing cold air, but not freezing anything. The refrigerator is cold, but we have it set on coldest setting and it is not as cold as we would expect. This unit is in our garage. We have checked the evaporator coil and it is not frosted.
Good Afternoon Brian - Being
that you have a top mount, the vent in the freezer is what circulates air down
to the Fresh Food section, making it cool. Also keep in mind that if the garage
is above 110 degrees, your refrigerator will have difficulties performing
optimally due to un-circulating air. You can purchase the garage kit by going
to the manufacturer website and clicking on "Filters and Accessories".
Alternatively, you may be able to purchase this kit from the dealer where you
purchased your appliance. Here are a few simple troubleshooting tips that may
help you resolve this issue:
1. First check clearances around your refrigerator. There must be adequate space around a refrigerator with a static condenser so that air can circulate properly. Proper clearances include 1" at the back and 3" on top of the refrigerator.
2. Examine your doors. If the doors have been opened too often or for too long, this may have allowed warm air to enter the refrigerator. Make sure to shut the door completely and be sure not to keep the door open for too long. Even leaving a door slightly open can allow too much warm air intake. Make sure refrigerator is level and keep food and containers from blocking the door closing.
3. Check the door seal. You do this by placing a dollar bill between the body of the refrigerator or freezer and close the door. The dollar bill should stay in place and pull out with a small amount of resistance. If the dollar bill falls out when placed between the gasket and cabinet, double check to see if the door is being blocked by anything that may be stopping it from closing. If nothing is stopping the door from closing then replace the gasket. (Most appliance owners can easily do this without any tools or sealant.)
4. Check to see if the condenser is dirty. A dirty condenser cannot release heat efficiently into the surrounding air. Cleaning the condenser may be necessary, more if you have animals in the house. If you have condenser coils, they should be wiped occasionally with a damp cloth to remove accumulated dust. The condenser coils should be wiped occasionally with a damp cloth to remove accumulated dust.
5. Check for any obstructions to the vent to ensure proper air flow. If the vent is blocked, the air in the refrigerator will not get cool.
6. Double check the freezer control. If the freezer control is set too warm, set freezer control to a colder setting and allow 24 hours for temperature to stabilize.
If these assessment measures prove to be ineffective, I would strongly suggest contacting an authorized service technician who would be better able to assist you in the diagnosis and repair of your unit. You can often locate an experienced technician in your area by going to the manufacturer website.
Posted on Jul 16, 2013
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
can you feel the compresor??? is it hot??? if this is hte case, your compressor is hot and hte fan the freezer section is still circulating warm air sounds as ifyou have a sealed system issue, 5yr manufactue warr.. (should be anyway check your manual)
Posted on Nov 30, 2008
look on the back of the box for a hole marked defrost control timer turn the timer with a screwdriver if it then gets cold replace the timer
Posted on May 03, 2009
depending on the temp it could
if the ambient temp get below 32
you freezer wont come on and actually begin to get warm (insulation factor)
but the refer will seem cold because of the low ambiant temp is the temp inside
we go in the refer alot more than the freezer
Posted on Oct 08, 2009
Yes, the cold weather is the cause.
Your machine is cycled off and on by the thermostat located in the fresh food compartment. When the fresh food compartment is satisfied, it will shut off the entire machine.
Any temperature below 55 degrees will reduce running time until the freezer will not function, or at best poorly.
Engineers designed domestic refrigerators to balance properly between 70 and 95 degrees. It should be in your user manual.
Thank you for using FixYa
Posted on Jan 12, 2010
Read the Below Guide Written by Me:-
Let me know, if needed further assistance.
Hope i helped you.
Thanks for using ' Fixya ' and have a nice day!!
Posted on Jan 30, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 20, 2015 | Refrigerators
Feb 05, 2015 | Refrigerators
Mar 15, 2014 | Frigidaire Professional Top Mount...
Nov 01, 2012 | GE CustomStyle PSC23NSTSS Stainless Steel...
Mar 13, 2010 | Frigidaire FRT17B3A Top Freezer...
Sep 14, 2009 | Amana ATB1836AR Top Freezer Refrigerator
Aug 24, 2009 | Refrigerators
Aug 09, 2009 | Magic Chef CTB1821AR Top Freezer...
Jun 02, 2009 | Refrigerators
May 25, 2009 | Hotpoint HTS16HBR Top Freezer Refrigerator
Jun 06, 2011 | Frigidaire FRT17B3A Top Freezer...
65 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!