One way to make sure no one can get a hold of your personal info is if take the hdd out and have the buyer purchase a new one.
this site may also help you out
hope that helps
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
WEP Key (Wired Equivalent Privacy) is the Network Key or Passphrase you can obtain the information on your router. You need to access the Wireless Settings Page to have it. I've listed the steps below on how to access the router. Keep in mind that you need a working computer that is connected to the router.
How to access the Router:
1. You need to know the ipaddress of your router. You can refer to the manual or check the Default Gateway of your computer (Make sure that you connect the computer to the router using an ethernet cable for you to get the Default Gateway). Click on START then RUN. Type CMD on the small box on the lower left of the screen. Type IPCONFIG on the black window and get the value of your DEFAULT GATEWAY (it starts with 192.168.x.x)
2. Open a Browser, Type the DEFAULT GATEWAY on the address bar of your Browser. It will ask you for a username and password. (Refer to the manual of your router or post a reply so that i can provide you the username and password of your router)
3. Go to the Wireless Settings Page of your router. Look for the SSID or the Network Name and the WEP Key(Network Key) or Passphrase. You can personalize it so that you can easily remeber the details.
4. Make sure you connect to your SSID and enter the WEP Key (Network Key) to make it secure.
OK. First of of all, the only light that should stay solid on your router is the power light. All the others are activity lights. They show network traffic through the connections. Second, if you're going to power cycle the router it's a good idea to power cycle the modem as well. Just so you know, I know they sell and promote all kinds of wireless things for xbox 360 but it's best to run it with an ethernet cable. Better results. So, try this: Unplug your modem and router, wait about 60 seconds. When all the lights have come back on the modem (excluding the activity light ) plug in your router. See what happens and let me know.If this fixes your problem, please rate this as fixed. If it did not, then don't rate it yet. Just add a comment and I'll be glad to help you further. Thanks.